We believe that the campaign is a time when everything can change – said the head of Poland 2050 Szymon Hołownia at the conference in Warsaw. During it, he commented on the presence of Michał Kołodziejczak on the electoral lists of the Civic Coalition. In Nowy Dwór Mazowiecki, Hołownia’s coalition partner, the head of PSL, Władysław Kosiniak-Kamysz, argued that “a vote cast for the Third Way is the only guarantee” to “remove from power those who govern badly.”
Campaign Saturday continues, politicians have been traveling around the country since morning, talking to residents. Simon Holowniaalong with other activists of Poland 2050, collected signatures for letters of support at the Mermaid monument in Warsaw’s Powiśle.
During it, he held a conference, at which he reminded that they have “about two weeks to submit the lists with signatures, to register our committee.” – Yesterday I talked to Władysław Kosiniak-Kamysz. We are confident that this goal will be achieved, he said.
– I have to say that when the election campaign finally started, when we managed to go through all the formal hurdles that are coming to an end, it is now only pure energy, running forward and the conviction that the fifty or so days that separate us From elections this is an extremely short time to do some really epoch-making hard work,” he admitted.
– But we are ready for it, we are optimistic. Although we often say that in these elections the most important thing will be who will be third, our goal is not to be third, but to be first. Because when you go to start in a race, you want to win it, and you don’t dream of a bronze medal. So today we really believe that the campaign is a time when everything can change.
“We made a very good decision in the Third Way”
During the question session, Hołownia was asked about the presence of Michał Kołodziejczak from Agrounia on the lists of the Civic Coalition. – Good luck! This is probably the shortest comment. I sincerely wish you good luck, he replied shortly. – Still need something more? he asked the reporter.
– We are already at such a stage of the campaign that we do not play political commentary. We just have blindfolds on our eyes now and move forward, worrying about our result – said Hołownia.
As he added, “Donald Tusk he took on a very serious responsibility by putting Mr. Kołodziejczak on the list.” – We remember Mr. Kołodziejczak’s statements regarding the judgment of the Constitutional Tribunal on abortion. We remember his support Andrzej Duda in 2015. We remember various strange statements that took place even later on the way – he exchanged.
– Today you will have to take responsibility for it. Donald Tusk takes responsibility for this. We already know that Michał Kołodziejczak will not bring Agrounia and its potential with him, that he will be a strong figure in his district and that will be the end of it – he assessed.
According to Hołownia, Kołodziejczak will not represent the villagers disappointed with the PiS policy. – We made a very good decision in the Third Way, not deciding on this risky alliance – he said.
– Today we are not only supposed to win the elections, we have to introduce people to the Sejm who will definitely not change sides, for whom we will not be a springboard. We are the Third Way, not a springboard, he maintained.
Kosiniak-Kamysz: third place will decide whether Poland will be democratic
North of Warsaw, in Nowy Dwór Mazowiecki, the conference was conducted by the head of the People’s Party, a coalition partner of Hołownia as part of the Third Way, Wladyslaw Kosiniak-Kamysz. He spoke there, among other things, about the division that had been going on for many years and the “fratricidal war” they had led to and which, in his opinion, fed on the “two largest political parties” in Poland. “They want more polarization, they want tougher language,” he said.
The PSL president argued that only the Third Way could reconcile the Poles and end the war. However, as he stated, for this to happen, it must become a third force in the upcoming parliamentary elections.
– We are going in these elections to remove from power those who govern badly. A vote for the Third Way is the only guarantee of this. In fact, the third place will decide whether Poland will be democratic or whether there will be a coalition between PiS and the Confederation, he said.
Kosiniak-Kamysz also assessed that the questions proposed by PiS in the referendum “concern the settled past, and Poles want to talk about the future.” He also proposed new questions.
The first is: “Are you in favor of stopping the uncontrolled flow of grain and food from Ukraine?”. The second: “are you in favor of exempting pensions from contributions and taxes?”. Third: “are you in favor of introducing voluntary ZUS for entrepreneurs?” Fourth: “Are you in favor of full in-vitro financing from the state budget?”.
Main photo source: PAP/Tomasz Gzell