It is a political matter when different people are treated differently for the same actions – said in “Fakty po Faktach” lawyer Jacek Dubois, representative of Kinga Gajewska, MP of the Civic Coalition, who on Tuesday in Otwock was forcibly led to a police car by policemen . – Please imagine that there is a conference of Prime Minister Morawiecki, President Kaczyński comes to it with a megaphone and says “I support my Prime Minister, vote for him.” I bet that no policeman would show up, maybe with flowers and a glass of water or a poppy seed cake – he added on TVN24.
MP of the Civic Coalition Kinga Gajewska was forcibly taken to the police car by the police and dragged into it. The incident occurred on Tuesday in Otwock, where the Prime Minister’s meeting was taking place Mateusz Morawiecki. The event was recorded by the TVN24 camera.
Witnesses to the event told the officers that she was a member of parliament and that she herself was she later said in “Kropka nad i” – she wanted to identify herself, but they held her hands. The police, however, made statements issued later she wrote, among other things, that “police officers do not know all people with immunity” and “they obtain the necessary knowledge only after presenting their ID cards.” Also published recordings from the camera on the uniform of one of the policemen.
Dubois: if a prohibited act occurs, it is a social obligation to notify law enforcement authorities
Attorney Jacek Dubois, Kinga Gajewska’s attorney, commented on the case in Wednesday’s edition of “Fakty po Faktach”. He assured that legal steps would be taken in this matter.
– It is an obligation because if a prohibited act occurs, the Code of Criminal Procedure states that it is a social obligation to notify law enforcement authorities. Analysis of what happened indicates that a crime was committed and that four prohibited acts were even committed by police officers, he said.
– The MP also has no choice but to behave in accordance with the rules and must notify the prosecutor’s office, because I am convinced that the prosecutor’s office has not noticed this and if she does not receive the notification, she will not start the proceedings, which she should have initiated yesterday ex officio – he added.
Gajewska’s attorney lists four regulations broken by the officers
The guest of “Fakty po Faktach” was asked about four regulations that the officers were supposed to break. – First of all, the MP has immunity under Article 105 of the Constitution. The police knew that they were dealing with an MP from the Republic of Poland, because it is clear from the recordings we have that they were informed about it. They had no right to detain the MP, Dubois emphasized.
– When they stopped her, led her by the hands, imprisoned her in the police car, they exceeded their powers, which is a crime under Article 231 of the Penal Code. When the police realized that they had already entered the criminal sphere, they decided to cover their tracks, so they released the MP. If someone is detained, an arrest report should be prepared and signed. This document was not prepared, so we are dealing with a failure to fulfill obligations, i.e. again Article 231, he added.
– Further, the police, being aware that they cannot detain the MP, detain her and first use chokeholds, which means they de facto deprive her of her freedom. At this point, we are dealing with unlawful deprivation of liberty, i.e. Article 189, emphasized Dubois.
– And finally, Mrs. Kinga Gajewska is a public official. Performs his official duties resulting from the mandate of a Member of Parliament. Therefore, when violence is used against her, we are dealing with a violation of the officer’s bodily integrity, punishable by up to 10 years, the lawyer noted.
“I bet no policeman would show up, maybe with flowers and a glass of water or a poppy seed cake”
When asked how he expected the situation to develop, Dubois said that “the prosecutor’s office is initiating proceedings and investigating whether a prohibited act has been committed.” – If I were to be a fortune teller, I suspect that the prosecutor’s office operates here similarly to the police, i.e. as a political body, because we are talking about a political matter – he said.
– Let me imagine that there is a conference of Prime Minister Morawiecki and President Kaczyński comes to it with a megaphone and says “I support my Prime Minister, vote for him.” I bet that no policeman would show up, maybe with flowers and a glass of water or a poppy seed cake – he added.
As the guest of “Fakty po Faktach” pointed out, “it is a political matter when different people are treated differently for the same actions.”
When asked how he thought the prosecutor’s office supervised by Mr Zbigniew ZiobroDubois replied that he would “do anything not to make a decision before that.” elections“. – So he will start pretending to take actions that will lead to no decision being made before the elections – he said.
– And after the elections, the case will either be discontinued or a new prosecutor’s office will be opened, and I hope that this case will be clarified then. With the current leadership of the prosecutor’s office, I cannot imagine that any political case against the opposition will be resolved, where the opposition is obviously harmed, he added.
Main photo source: TVN24