– The president does not delay, he performs all his duties – assured Paweł Szrot, presidential minister and newly elected PiS MP. Andrzej Duda’s consultations on forming the government are scheduled to take place next week. – As opposition parties, we should show that we are together, that we have 248 seats and that the president should entrust the mission of forming a government to the opposition – said Wiesław Szczepański from the Left. Bartosz Kownacki from PiS still hopes that “there will be a government of Law and Justice.”
Next Tuesday and Wednesday by invitation Andrzej Duda will take place at the Presidential Palace consultations with representatives of electoral committees, which will be represented in the next term of office of the Sejm. “Meetings will be held separately with each of the election committees, in the order in accordance with the results achieved by these committees in the elections,” the office informed.
Szrot: the president is not delaying
Journalists asked Paweł Szrot, the presidential minister and the newly elected president, in the Sejm PiS MPin what order committee representatives will be invited.
– We will communicate all this later. That’s all I have to say on this matter, he replied. He assured that “the president does not delay, he performs all his duties.”
When asked why the president “will not entrust the mission of forming the government to those who have the majority”, he replied: – Who said who the president will entrust the mission of forming the government to?
Kownacki: there will be a government, hopefully, of Law and Justice
Bartosz Kownacki from PiS said that “there will be a government, hopefully of Law and Justice.” – I am optimistic that this government, to your surprise, will be there – he said, turning to TVN24 reporter Radomir Wit.
– I know that there are 460 MPs in parliament, we need 231. The largest parliamentary club – which means it has to choose the least – is the Law and Justice club. It has 194 seats. The Civic Coalition must select much more, it must select about 70 MPs – argued Kownacki.
Szczepanski: We have to show the president that we are together
Wiesław Szczepański from the Left said that “the candidate for prime minister belongs to the largest opposition group that won the elections.” – I understand that this candidate will be a representative of the Civic Coalition, which should nominate him.
– I think that by going there (to the president – ed.), we should, as opposition parties, show that we are together, that we have 248 seats and that the president should entrust the mission of forming a government to the opposition, which today has united under one common banner, running in elections parliamentary issues – he emphasized.
Lubnauer: PiS is not a winning camp
Katarzyna Lubnauer said that “maybe the president understood that almost 12 million Poles decided on the change.”
– Therefore, it is now up to him, as the head of state, elected by slightly fewer Poles, to respect this choice. For now, organize consultations as soon as possible and talk to those who are the leaders of the winning camp. And the winning camp are the MPs of the Civic Coalition, the Left and Third Way, not PiS, the MP pointed out.
Main photo source: TVN24