Borys Budka, chairman of the Civic Coalition club, speaking in “Fakty po Faktach” on TVN24 about the candidacy of the leader of Agrounia, Michał Kołodziejczak from the KO list, argued that “this is a guy with character, a guy who fights for the Polish countryside.” He added that “every vote cast today for people who fight PiS, who have a common vision, is a priceless vote.” “We know perfectly well that he will be a strong partner in this team,” he said.
On Wednesday at the National Council of the Civic Platform Donald Tusk announced several candidates who will run from the lists of the Civic Coalition.
He presented the leader of Agrounia, Michał Kołodziejczak, and the former Commissioner for Human Rights as candidates Adam Bodnar. In October elections Bogusław Wołoszański, Hanna Gill-Piątek, Karolina Pawliczak and Apoloniusz Tajner will also start from the KO lists.
Budka: Kołodziejczak is a man of character
He spoke more about the candidates in “Fakty po Faktach” on TVN24 Boris Budka, chairman of the Civic Coalition club, deputy head of PO. He referred, among other things, to the start of Kołodziejczak from the KO list.
– I am convinced that this determination of Mr. Kołodziejczak, but above all, a common view of the problems that we have to solve and that nothing good will happen in Poland without PiS being removed from power, this is something that connects very strongly – he said.
Asked if the Civic Coalition was sure that Kołodziejczak would not cooperate with PiS after the elections, he replied: – He will not be with PiS, because if he wanted to be with PiS, he would have been bought a long time ago.
– He’s a man of character. A guy who fights for the Polish countryside. Every vote cast today for people who fight PiS, who have a common vision, is a priceless vote. 1, 2, 3, 4 percent of these votes cannot be allowed to go to waste,” continued the chairman of the KO club.
– We are responsible, that’s why we talked for a long time with Michał Kołodziejczak. We know perfectly well that he will be a strong partner in this team, but above all, that he will never betray these ideals, because he has never betrayed these ideals so far – convinced Budka.
Budka: Kołdziejczak is fighting for a better life for Polish farmers
Borys Budka was also asked about Kołodziejczak’s statement from Radio ZET, where he said, among other things, that “Donald Tusk took the Poles back a few centuries because he made us a nomadic country.”
He replied that “in politics you can’t hold a grudge for too long.” “If everyone was offended by all sorts of accusations, they would really choose a different profession,” he added.
– Michał is a reliable man, he fights for better life for Polish farmers. So that there would be no such thing as, for example, what was happening to Polish grain, what was happening to Polish fruit. This is very important – assured the TVN24 guest.
He also said that cooperation with Agrounia “complements the offer of the Civic Coalition” for the Polish countryside. – We have great specialists in the countryside, (there is – ed.) MP Dorota Niedziela. This is a person who knows the problems of the village very well. However, as we emphasize, every vote is worth its weight in gold – he said.
Budka: there should be a Tusk-Kaczyński debate
Budka also said that “it is obvious” that there should be a debate between Donald Tusk and Jarosław Kaczyński. He was also asked whether there should be a debate between Tusk and Mr Mateusz Morawiecki. – Neither Mr. Morawiecki nor Mr. Kaczyński will agree, they will not join the debate, because they know how it ends (…). Mateusz Morawiecki chickened out four years ago. He did not come, he did not take up the glove as an MP who ran for Silesia, we are from the same constituency – continued Budka.
– Well, but Mateusz Morawiecki can only go out and talk – sorry – drugstores, if he has an audience, but he has no adversary. Mateusz Morawiecki has never decided to have a one-on-one debate since he has been in politics, he continued. The chairman of the KO club also said that the head of the government “is a demagogue, he is the only prime minister in history who was twice forced to straighten out lies by a court order”.
Budka: this is not a referendum, this is part of the election campaign
Borys Budka was also asked about the referendum to be held on October 15, the day of the election.
He said that “this is not a referendum, this is part of the election campaign”.
– I will encourage you to participate in the elections. However, this referendum card is like a PiS leaflet. What the voter does with it is absolutely his business. The most important question will be on the ballot paper. And that’s where we will decide together that these incompetent governments will end – said the guest of “Fakty po Faktach”.
Main photo source: TVN24