Don’t complain later if you don’t stand to vote now, because it’s up to us who we choose. This is important for the entire nation, so let everyone stand for election, but first think about who to choose – appealed in “Fakty po Faktach” Wanda Traczyk-Stawska, pseudonym “Pączek”, participant of the Warsaw Uprising, Home Army soldier, member of the Gray Ranks.
In the “Fakty po Faktach” program on TVN24 and TVN, participants of the Warsaw Uprising, Wanda Traczyk-Stawska and Anna Przedpełska-Trzeciakowska, talked about Sunday’s parliamentary elections with Piotr Kraśka.
Why should you go to the polls?
What would they say to people who do not want to take part in the elections? Anna Przedpełska-Trzeciakowska admitted that she would say what Jacek Fedorowicz said: “vote or you will be outvoted.”
– If the bright side of the light loses, at least we have the feeling that it is not our fault. The feeling that one did not take part, that is, took part in the loss, is terrible, she said.
– Don’t complain later if you don’t stand to vote now, because it’s up to us who we choose. This is important for the entire nation, so let everyone vote, but first think about who to choose. Not to elect people who sell Poland for money – appealed Wanda Traczyk-Stawska.
– For me, it was a terrible experience that our country could be treated this way, that visas could be sold for money without checking who was buying them. This means opening our borders to letting in people who may be very dangerous, the insurgent emphasized.
“In the conditions created by the modern government, Poland is not safe”
The guests of “Fakty po Faktach” were also asked about Poland’s security in the context of the recent resignations of two key commanders of the Polish Army.
– I’m here, although I don’t feel up to it because I’m very tired. But I will answer from my heart, what I think, said Wanda Traczyk-Stawska. – I have a duty, as a soldier, to tell the truth. And the truth is that in the conditions created by the modern government, Poland is not safe.
– When I was going to you, I was driving through the place where my brother died. Then I always think that this is the price of being able to come to you and say and shout: People, go vote! This is a decision on which the future of our children, grandchildren, and this country for which we died depends, said Anna Przedpełska-Trzeciakowska.
– I am horrified by the ease with which our authorities dispose of this price. Because this is not only the price of our reality today, but also of our past, she emphasized.
She emphasized that she honors the generals who resigned because “they must have been for very dramatic reasons.”
“I look at the next generations with great hope”
What kind of Poland would the veterans of the Warsaw Uprising want? – A democratic Poland that will be able to take advantage of the fact that it has its own constitution. People in Poland aware that no one can harm them, because they can defend themselves, having a constitution. I would like every school, in the last grades, to talk about what kind of person a citizen should be – replied Wanda Traczyk-Stawska. – It should remember that the government that rules was a government that listened to the people, and not to itself and its interests – she added.
– I look at the next generations with great hope, waiting for some declarations – emphasized Anna Przedpełska-Trzeciakowska. She also referred to the conversation between Piotr Kraśka and the leader of the Confederation, Sławomir Mentzen, which took place in the studio a moment earlier. – I don’t want such a Poland, because we have experienced it, we have seen it – she said.
Main photo source: TVN24