On Sunday, the guests of “Coffee on the bench” discussed the National Reconstruction Plan on TVN24. According to Artur Soboń from PiS, “on European funds for Poland, President Tusk and Minister Ziobro speak with one voice.” The spokeswoman for the Covenant, Magdalena Sroka, argued that “you can blame everyone in turn, but the greatest responsibility rests with the Prime Minister” Morawiecki. Urszula Pasławska from the Polish People’s Party recalled that it was the head of the government who negotiated the KPO and signed the so-called milestones.
the European Commission accepted Polish National Reconstruction Plan at the beginning of June, with the reservation that the payment of money from the Reconstruction Fund will take place only after Poland reaches the so-called milestones, also related to changes in the judiciary.
On Sunday, in “Coffee on the bench” on TVN24, politicians discussed KPO money: President’s advisor Paweł Mucha, secretary of state in the Ministry of Finance and PiS MP Artur Soboń, member of the Civic Coalition Jarosław Urbaniak, spokeswoman and member of the Covenant Magdalena Sroka, PSL member Urszula Pasławska and member of the Left Krzysztof Śmiszek.
Mucha: the president created the conditions for an agreement with the European Commission
Paweł Mucha assessed that “the president created the conditions for an agreement with the European Commission”. He added that it is about legal conditions, i.e. presidential law on the Supreme Court.
– We know that there are talks on the application for payment and that we are at the stage after the approval of the KPO – says the advisor Andrzej Duda. He said he would like opposition politicians to get involved, for example Donald Tusk.
Soboń: Tusk and Minister Ziobro speak with one voice
Artur Soboń from PiS reminded that the KPO was approved on June 17. – We also have a partnership agreement signed – he added. – There is no reason why this milestone, let’s call it related to the rule of law, i.e. the liquidation of the Disciplinary Chamber, should be questioned by the European Commission or by anyone. But yes, unfortunately, we have radicals on both sides who add fuel to the fire, not wanting to let these funds flow to Poland, he assessed.
He clarified that on the one hand there are “radicals in the style of the chairman (Donald) Tusk or the chairwoman (Vera) Jourova”. – On the other hand, unfortunately, in our ranks – some colleagues from Solidarity Poland – he said. – In this matter, regarding European funds for Poland, President Tusk and Minister (Zbigniew) Ziobro speak with one voice – he assessed. He said that these two politicians “questioned the fact that the compromise was reached thanks to the initiative of the president, because the president actually prepared a good bill”.
Soboń stated that he was calm about the KPO, because the European Commission is “pragmatic” and “although we have a number of radicals in parliament who would like to overturn it, they simply will not succeed”.
Urbaniak: You changed the sign of the Disciplinary Chamber and that is all
According to Jarosław Urbaniak from KO, the president “brought the cow to the Sejm, he saddled it and said: treat it as a horse”. – This is not a matter of radicals, you just changed the name of the Disciplinary Chamber and that is all – he added.
– The rule of law has not been restored. Pseudo-judges are still in the Supreme Court – said the deputy.
He stated that he had the impression that Jarosław Kaczyński “has already given the order, that we do not take this money and we turn away (from the European Union – ed.)”. “The government, instead of saving and starting to save from itself, as is the case in any normal country, will establish a new institution and will spend millions,” he added, citing the example of the recently established War Loss Institute.
Magpie: we will remain in the tail of Europe of countries that have already received these funds
Magdalena Sroka from the Covenant stated that in the context of inflation, “the mobilization of these funds should be a priority”. – Apart from strengthening the zloty, they will also have a huge impact on the economy, stimulating investments with which we know that it is not the best today – she said.
– Prime Minister Morawiecki has been saying for some time that the reform of the judiciary has failed, because the Ministry of Justice … and I will not quote here anymore. However, today we heard a very interesting thesis from minister (Soboń) that in fact Donald Tusk together with Minister Ziobra is responsible for the fact that these funds from the KPO do not go to Poland. You can blame everyone in turn, but the greatest responsibility rests with the prime minister, she assessed.
Addressing the politicians of the ruling camp, she said that “you are not entirely consistent within the government itself to be able to move forward together”. – If we do not finally release these funds, we will be in a very difficult situation, left behind in the tail of Europe of countries that have already received these funds – added Magpie.
Pasławska: it was the prime minister who negotiated the KPO and signed the milestones
Urszula Pasławska from PSL referred to the allegations that the blocking of funds from the KPO was “the opposition’s fault”. – In the European Commission you have your representative from PiS, (Janusz) Wojciechowski – she reminded. – It is the prime minister who is in the European Council who negotiated the KPO. He signed the milestones, she said.
– It seems to me that as long as we talk about the rule of law as such a political, abstract discussion between politicians and lawyers, people will not understand that it concerns directly their pockets. KPO is cheap energy that should actually already be realized. This is good education, this is good health care, it concerns all of us. This is lower inflation, a higher level of investment, and therefore it is our most public interest – she enumerated.
According to Pasławska, “PiS has already come to terms with the fact that we will not recover this money quickly and today it is building its survival barge, turning against the European Union.”
Śmiszek: you are the most radical, extremist party when it comes to European issues
– Kaczyński announced two days ago that he would leave the European Union, stamp his foot and finally want to stop bowing, as I understand it, to the European Union – said Krzysztof Śmiszek from the Left. Addressing PiS politicians, he said: “today you are the most radical, extremist party when it comes to European issues.”
He asked how it was that other countries are already spending money on their reconstruction plans, and “Poland still has money frozen.”
He addressed Soboń with the words: “you should sprinkle ashes on your head and apologize to all Poles for one thing – the five billion euro advance payment has already been lost”. – You have already forgiven your five billion euro irretrievably, because you preferred to have peace and please your little coalition partner Zbigniew Ziobro than to raise money for Polish women and Poles. Today I have the impression that PiS has already given up the fight for money from the National Reconstruction Plan – he added.
He called the act on changes in the Supreme Court a “legislative fake”. – It is as if the act changed the name of the Tax Office to the Tax Office – he assessed.