It’s hard to be surprised. As President Kaczyński indicates, so does President Andrzej Duda – said Jan Grabiec, spokesman for the Civic Platform, in “Kropka na i” on TVN24, referring to the decision of the head of state to entrust the mission of forming a government to Mateusz Morawiecki. Piotr Zgorzelski from PSL, deputy speaker of the Sejm, assessed that Marek Sawicki, also a member of the People’s Party, who is to become senior marshal, is “a guarantor that we will avoid various types of hoaxes.”
In Monday’s message Andrzej Duda announced that he had decided to entrust the mission of forming a government Mateusz Morawiecki, and Marek Sawicki from the Polish People’s Party will be appointed as the senior marshal who will lead the first session of the Sejm of the 10th term. The president assured that he wanted good cooperation, “regardless of what parliamentary majority is ultimately selected and who forms the government.”
Grabiec: Andrzej Duda will be co-responsible for Mateusz Morawiecki’s defeat
The president’s decision was commented on in a special edition of “Kropka na i” on TVN24 by the spokesman of the Civic Platform, Jan Grabiec, and Piotr Zgorzelski from PSLDeputy Speaker of the Sejm.
– It’s hard to be surprised. President Andrzej Duda has got us used to (…) and usually acts as his mother party orders. As President Kaczyński indicates, this is what President Andrzej Duda does. So I guess he didn’t surprise me this time either, said Grabiec.
– We all know that PIS he is using the last weeks, the last days of government, to transfer some more money, to place some more people in various strange places, to extract and milk some more public funds. And it seems that the president decided that he would cooperate with PiS and Morawiecki’s government in this respect – he continued.
Grabiec also said that Andrzej Duda is more of a “spokesman of his party than a real head of state or president.” – As you can see, he wants to start cooperation with the new parliamentary majority with a conflict, with a defeat, actually. After all, Andrzej Duda will be co-responsible for Mateusz Morawiecki’s defeat. If he really believes that there is a majority there, and in a moment it turns out that there is not, it means that the president has failed, he said.
Zgorzelski: Sawicki, as senior marshal, is a guarantee that there will be no hocks-blocks
Zgorzelski also commented on the message. – From this message I conclude that we have two pieces of information: one good, the other bad. The bad news is that, unnecessarily, Poles will probably have to wait another four-five weeks for the real majority, which has been in place since October 15 and will not change, to start functioning as a parliamentary majority, with a prime minister and government elected, said the representative. PSL.
– And this is the bad news that Poles are unnecessarily subjected to further weeks of various types of diversions on PiS television stations, all kinds of scams, because after all, they are specialists in this – he added.
– But there is also good news that the senior marshal is the very experienced MP Marek Sawicki, with the longest parliamentary experience, also the person who has served this function, which is important from the point of view of the Polish economy, for the longest of all agriculture ministers – he said. He added that Sawicki comes from the Polish People’s Party, and therefore – as he emphasized – “from the democratic party, and therefore it is a guarantee that we will avoid all kinds of hokey jokes that were served in the public space, so that the senior marshal can announce a break.” “PiS should be given a chance to do something more nefarious.”
– I assure you, I didn’t even talk to Marek Sawicki about it, but I am sure that both he and another Polish People’s Party leader, Józef Zych, who was the senior marshal twice in 2005 and 2011, are people for whom democracy is in their DNA – Zgorzelski emphasized.
Main photo source: TVN24