– We should change the European Union. For what we want it to be – said President Andrzej Duda in an interview with the TVN correspondent, Marcin Wrona. He also talked about “the ideology that began to reign and reign in the European Union and which all EU countries are forced to accept.”
President Andrzej Duda in an interview with TVN’s correspondent, Marcin Wrona, was asked about the current relations with the European Union in the context of the recent statements of the government officials, including Marek Suski, PiS MP, who spoke about the “Brussels occupation”.
– We did not make decisions, we as a society, to be in the European Union, to be pushed out of this European Union or to leave this European Union – said the president.
President: we should make the European Union what we want it to be
– I am an ambitious man, perhaps these ambitions are sometimes beyond their means, but I follow the principle that I am always ambitious and I always think that it is possible to reach the highest peaks. I believe that we should change the European Union. For what we want it to be, (for the Union – ed.) Values, real values, the kind from which the European Union emerged – continued the President.
He recalled that the founding fathers of the European Union were guided in their actions by the concept of building an economic community based on the pursuit of common interests.
– In my opinion, this concept has disappeared. This concept of building an economic community, building a community of friendship, has been replaced in recent years, maybe decades, by some ideological pressure, forcing nations to adopt rules that are foreign to them, which are not in their culture and tradition, and creating a system of prohibitions and limitations – said Andrzej Duda.
Duda: that’s why the British said “no” to the European Union
– In my opinion, that is why the British said “no” to the European Union. That is why Brexit is here – said President Duda.
When asked if there would be no polexit, he said that “we dreamed of being in the European community, we must fight to make it the best for us”. – This is our basic task – he stressed.
Andrzej Duda on “the ideology that began to reign and reign in the European Union”
President Andrzej Duda was also asked about his attitude to “anti-LGBT” resolutions adopted by some local governments in Poland, including several regional assemblies. On Wednesday councilors of the Świętokrzyskie sejmik repealed this resolution.
– This is, among other things, the issue of the ideology that began to reign and reign in the European Union and which all EU states are forced to accept – commented the president.
He stated that “the most important thing in all this is the protection of the family.” – The family comes first, also constitutionally. The constitution imposes special protection on the part of the state over marriage and the family, because marriage and the family builds society. From the constitutional assumption, family means children, means successive generations. Therefore, the state pays special attention to the family and our constitution requires, in fact, special protection of the family so that Poland can develop as well as possible – he continued.
– These should be resolutions that, in my personal opinion, the regional councils should be adopted as pro-family resolutions, with special care and predisposition of the family – Andrzej Duda continued.
President: The gender ideology is soaked in every step
Asked about his attitude to “anti-LGBT” resolutions, he replied that “every action breeds contraction.” – If you have the ideology of gender, (…), sexual freedom and so on, sipped in various ways, more or less intensively, then this action breeds contraction – he turned to Marcin Wrona.
– This is, in my opinion, one of the manifestations of contraction, people with more conservative views, people with more conservative and more traditional beliefs, react this way. Too far in my opinion. You have to calmly emphasize what is really important – said President Andrzej Duda.
Main photo source: Shutterstock