– The life of an emigrant, like the life of every other person, is sacred and has inalienable dignity – emphasized Archbishop Wojciech Polak on Thursday at Jasna Góra, where he presided over the solemn sum on the feast of Our Lady of Częstochowa.
– In view of the growing migration crisis and the emergence of so many tensions, the Church once again asks and calls on representatives of all political forces to jointly and in solidarity, when looking for appropriate solutions to complicated migration problems, be guided above all by the attitudes of hospitality and respect for newcomers, the common good of all Poles, said the Primate, who added that social emotions should be calmed down and cooled down, and that the current situation should not be used to deepen divisions.
“Every human life is sacred”
– No man, irrespective of his religion or origin, can be an instrument of political struggle. The life of an emigrant, like that of any other human being, is sacred and has inalienable dignity. Again – every human life is holy and there is no exception to this gospel truth. Holy is the life of an unborn child, and holy is the life of an old man troubled by illness. Holy is the life of a man struggling with poverty and homelessness, but also the life of a man fleeing hunger or war – emphasized the Polish Archbishop.
He expressed the conviction that it is the duty of the Church to challenge all politicians to seek solutions that “will take into account the good of the state without harming people”.
– In view of the ongoing disputes and quarrels in our social life, unfortunately ending so often with open fight against each other, we need to hear, following Pope Francis, that it is love, not hate, that is the basis of every open and healthy social life – emphasized the hierarch. As he explained, it is not about “some subjective sentimentality, but about commitment to the truth.”
– The truth about man created as man and woman in the image of God Himself, about the sanctity of human life from conception to natural death, about the dignity of human love and marriage between a man and a woman, about fidelity, unity, marital indissolubility, about love and care for the weakest and the hurt , demanding justice, mutual respect for each other despite ongoing differences and divisions, he added.
Main photo source: PAP / Waldemar Deska