We are in love with public services and we will not betray this love – said Włodzimierz Czarzasty, Deputy Speaker of the Sejm and co-chairman of the New Left at the meeting in Krakow. He spoke, among other things, about the need to build cheap apartments for rent, an efficient health care system and about taxes. He also addressed the representatives of the Confederation. – There is no world without gays, without Jews, without abortion – he emphasized.
On Wednesday in Krakow, an open meeting was held with Włodzimierz Czarzasty, deputy marshal of the Sejm and co-chairman of the New Left, and Magdalena Biejat, an MP from the Left Caucus. They talked about the group’s program proposals.
Czarzasty said that one of the postulates concerns the construction of cheap apartments for rent. – We believe that the state should build cheap apartments for rent through local governments. These apartments will be the property of the local government, we allow for the possibility that these apartments will be inherited, he said. He added that the state should finance the renovation of vacant buildings.
– The left says one thing, this is one of our basic program elements – cheap apartments for rent will solve the problem of housing for some time – the politician continued.
Czarzasty: we are in love with public services and will not betray this love
– We are in love with public services and we will not betray this love – Czarzasty continued.
– We dream that a person would be born in a well-managed hospital, that everyone could afford this hospital – we pay taxes for this, we will never support the commercialization or privatization of hospitals – he said.
– We want state, self-government nurseries to be located throughout Poland – he emphasized. The co-chairman of the New Left argued that “there will be no need to pay grandma’s PLN 1,500 when kindergartens and nurseries will function well.”
Czarzasty: there is no world without gays, without Jews, without abortion
Czarzasty also spoke about taxes and their role in shaping public services. – When I hear that someone dreams of a country where no taxes are paid, I inform you that there is no such country – he said.
The deputy marshal of the Sejm stressed that “tax money should be paid, but should be spent wisely on good public services.” – There are countries where it works. I, we, the Left, believe in it – he added.
– Just like – I say to the Confederation – there is no world without gays. I ask you what will you do with your gay buddies who are members of the Confederation if you preach to fight for Poland to be a world without gays. There is no such world. There is no world without Jews, there is no world without abortion.
– What will you do if your girlfriend becomes pregnant, it turns out that the fetus is irreversibly endangered and the doctors will be afraid to perform an abortion because they will be afraid of going to prison. What will you say to your girlfriend if you say today that you will create Poland without abortion? There is no such world – said Czarzasty.
Main photo source: TVN24