Manchester Metropolis gamers Caroline Weir and Riyad Mahrez have been nominated for FIFA’s 2021 Puskas Award, whereas Erik Lamela’s north London derby Rabona has additionally been shortlisted.
Scotland worldwide Weir is on an 11-player shortlist for the world governing physique’s aim of the yr award for her aim in opposition to Manchester United, together with former Tottenham ahead Lamela and Metropolis winger Mahrez.
Weir is within the working for her aim in February’s Manchester derby, the place, after displaying good footwork on the sting of the field, she chipped United goalkeeper Mary Earps.
That is the second consecutive time Weir has been included on the Puskas shortlist, having additionally been nominated final yr for a long-range stunner in opposition to United.
Tottenham’s Heung-Min Son received the 2020 crown for his solo aim in opposition to Burnley within the Premier League.
Son’s former Spurs team-mate Lamela, who’s now with Sevilla, has been nominated for this yr’s award for his Rabona end within the north London derby in opposition to Arsenal in March.
Mahrez, in the meantime, has been shortlisted for his aim for Algeria in opposition to Zimbabwe in Africa Cup of Nations qualifying final November, the place after controlling the ball along with his heel on the run, he turned his opponent inside out earlier than slotting residence.
One other contender is Czech Republic striker Patrik Schick for his effort in opposition to Scotland at Euro 2020 the place he beat goalkeeper David Marshall from virtually on the midway line.
The winner might be determined by a global panel comprising of ‘FIFA legends’ and followers from internationally and might be introduced on the Finest FIFA Soccer Awards on January 17, 2022.
- Luis Diaz (COLOMBIA vs Brazil, Copa America, June 2021
- Gauthier Hein (Chamois Niortais vs AUXERRE, Ligue 2, April 2021)
- Erik Lamela (Arsenal vs TOTTENHAM, Premier League, March 2021)
- Valentino Lazaro (Bayer Leverkusen vs BORUSSIA MONCHENGLADBACH, Bundesliga, November 2020)
- Riyad Mahrez (Zimbabwe vs ALGERIA, Africa Cup of Nations qualifying, November 2020)
- Sandra Owusu-Ansah (Kumasi Sports activities Academy Girls vs SUPREME LADIES, Ghana Ladies’s Premier League, Might 2021)
- Vangelis Pavlidis (WILLEM II vs Fortuna Sittard, Eredisivie, Might 2021)
- Daniela Sanchez (QUERETARO vs Atletico de San Luis, Liga MX Femenil, January 2021)
- Patrik Schick (CZECH REPUBLIC vs Scotland, Euro 2020, June 2021)
- Mehdi Taremi (Chelsea vs PORTO, Champions League, April 2021)
- Caroline Weir (MANCHESTER CITY WOMEN vs Manchester United Ladies, February 2021)