This is a really complicated puzzle, because these are not only ministries, these are also deputy ministers, these are committee heads, deputy heads of parliamentary committees. These are various types of offices that are around these ministries. Each of us will really have something to do – said MP Joanna Mucha (Poland 2050, Third Road) in “Fakty po Faktach” about the division of positions in the new government. – I think that potential ministers and candidates for ministers are already preparing for their mission. We are at this stage – said MP Jan Grabiec (Civic Coalition).
TVN “Fakty” reporter Arleta Zalewska unofficially determined who would be in the government Donald Tusk, the creation of which is supported by the majority of the Sejm. They are to return to the Council of Ministers Radosław SikorskiBartłomiej Sienkiewicz i Borys Budka. They will be responsible for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Ministry of Culture and National Heritage and the Ministry of State Assets.
According to information from “Fakty” TVN, the meeting of the leaders of the future government coalition initially scheduled for Friday was moved to Monday. That’s when Donald Tusk Władysław Kosiniak-KamyszWłodzimierz Czarzasty and Szymon Hołownia will finally agree on the division of ministries, discuss the names of candidates and move to the next stage of negotiations, in which candidates for deputy ministers in important ministries, heads of important state institutions and the division of voivodeship positions will be determined.
Grabiec: candidates for ministers are already preparing for their mission
The matter was commented on by Jan Grabiec from the Civic Coalition in “Fakty po Faktach”. – Talks about the details are ongoing – he said. – We are actually talking about ensuring representation of coalition partners in individual ministries, so that these ministries cooperate with each other and with the parliamentary majority – he added. – I think that potential ministers and candidates for ministers are already preparing for their mission. We are at this stage, he added.
Grabiec said that “the entire change that took place on election day is expected to last two months, it is the result of the activities and decisions of President Andrzej Duda.” – These negotiations did not have to last several weeks, they could have ended in a few days, because the first meeting of the leaders of our coalition ended with the fact that we would form a government together – he added.
– The problem is that the authorities are clinging to their positions so tightly that they want to gain something from it in the last phase, siphon off some public money, place some of their people in different places, which gives the impression that things are going so poorly that there is no such change, although we have already seen a change in the Sejm this week and I have the impression that our voters perceived it very positively – he said.
Mucha: I definitely won’t be bored this term
Joanna Mucha (Poland 2050, Third Road) was asked whether she would take over the role of head of the Ministry of Health in the future government. – Unfortunately, I have to avoid answering this question because we agreed with our partners that we will not lose steam, but of course we will keep these negotiations where they should be, i.e. between the four leaders – she replied.
– This is a really complicated puzzle, because these are not only ministries, these are also deputy ministers, these are heads of committees, deputy heads of parliamentary committees. These are various types of offices that are around these ministries. Each of us will really have something to do and none of us is worried about being unemployed in the next term, she added.
– I definitely won’t be bored this term – she concluded.
Grabiec: Morawiecki’s mission is to keep his people in power for a few more days
Despite the fact that Law and Justice there is no majority in the Sejm, President Andrzej Duda on Monday entrusted the mission of forming a government to Mateusz Morawiecki. On Friday, at a press conference at the Warsaw Stock Exchange, Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki presented a number of program proposals to be implemented by the government he formed. The set of proposals was called the “Decalogue of Polish Affairs”.
When asked about how Mateusz Morawiecki is fulfilling his mission of forming a government, Jan Grabiec replied: – He is not fulfilling his mission, his mission today is to keep his people in power for a few more days, to try to place them in various institutions where the term is coming to an end, we still need to withdraw some public money – said Grabiec.
– So that tens of millions of public funds can still be diverted for private projects into the pockets of people associated with PiS. This is something incomprehensible, it has never happened in the history of the last 30 years of free Poland, for the authorities to cling to these positions so tightly and to conduct a robbery economy, he continued. At the same time, he stated that those in power are behaving “a bit as if they were invaders, as if, after eight years of exploiting Poland, they were finally trying to take everything away, dismantle it, dismantle everything they could and leave a burnt, empty earth.”
Revocation of the decision of the outgoing government? Mucha: there are such instruments in law
When asked about the issue of reversing possible controversial decisions of the outgoing government, made after the resignation of Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki, Joanna Mucha said that “Polish law is really very well constructed in this respect.” – Each time a legal action is undertaken in bad faith, it takes this into account and considers such an action whether it is invalid or whether it is able to reverse it – she added.
– There are such instruments in the law, but we have no doubt that we were simply dealing with an army of various types of scams, an army of various types of crimes, (…) violations or discipline of public finances, or abuse of powers or failure to fulfill obligations. – said the MP.
– All this needs to be settled – said Mucha.
Main photo source: TVN24