Film director Krzysztof Zanussi spoke in “Kropka nad i” on TVN24 about the ties of church and state authorities. He stated that “this is not a good relationship” and that “the throne should not be tied to the altar”. – This is bad for the Church, it is known that it has to change – he added. In his opinion, the Church as an institution, after getting through the communist times, “lost a lot in the eyes of the faithful and in the eyes of people.”
Film director Krzysztof Zanussi was asked in “Kropka nad i” on TVN24 about his assessment of the relationship between church authorities and state authorities.
– Since the times of (Roman emperor – ed.) Constantine, we know that it is not a good relationship, that the throne should not be tied to the altar. There are many warnings in this matter in the Gospel (…) and yet something pulls people and this secular authority pulls the church. And it is very bad for the Church to call it – he said.
– This is bad for the Church, it is known that it has to change, because I believe that Christianity, or rather Judeo-Christianity, may still be an inspiration for some completely new step for humanity – he continued.
– The Church, as an institution that emerged so victorious and beautifully from the great oppression that was communism, has now lost so much in the eyes of the faithful and people. This prestige has not collapsed somewhere, but has weakened – said the director.
Zanussi was also asked how he judges the presence of Archbishop Senior Sławoj Leszek Głódź at the Sunday beatification ceremony Cardinal Stefan Wyszyński and mother Elżbieta Róża Czacka. In March this year, the former metropolitan was punished by the pope and banned from participating in religious ceremonies in the Gdańsk diocese. The restrictions do not apply to other dioceses, but the presence of the hierarch in the capital has aroused criticism even from some of the clergy.
– I think it is scandalous for many people, I cannot be surprised by it, but you can see that someone lacked sensitivity – commented Zanussi.
Zanussi: One should not talk about sexuality, it is not a topic to talk about
Krzysztof Zanussi also referred to the situation of LGBT people in Poland.
– I am not very familiar with this community. It is known that a certain consensus persisted over the years and I remember how many people with a sexual orientation different from the common one were disclosed and nobody spoke about it (…), and it was simply not tactfully spoken about, because there was no sexuality at all. one should talk because it is not a topic to talk about, it is a topic to live – said the director.
In this context, Zanussi was asked about the so-called anti-LGBT resolutions.
– It is not known why such resolutions are made, and it is not known why LGBT should have any special rights – replied the director.
He also stated that “one’s sexual orientation should not be flaunted too much.” – I mean, it depends on the place, you can flaunt it in art, for example. In everyday life, it should be a rather discreet matter – he said.
Main photo source: TVN24