15.3 C
London
Monday, May 27, 2024

RES. Offshore wind farms in the Baltic Sea – permits for artificial islands were issued to PGE

Must read

- Advertisement -


The Minister of Infrastructure issued five permits for the erection and use of artificial islands, structures and equipment in the Polish maritime area for the construction of offshore wind farms. In total, the potential capacity of the planned wind farms is to amount to approximately 3.9 GW (gigawatts), Polska Grupa Energetyczna (PGE) announced in a press release.

– We implement the largest investments in terms of production capacity RES in the Baltic. Today, we received final decisions from the Ministry of Infrastructure regarding five permits that will enable the construction of further offshore wind farms in the future. The total potential capacity of wind farms planned for construction in new areas is approximately 3.9 GW. This is additional power in relation to the PGE projects already underway. Implementation of plans and development of new areas in the coming years will mean that we will not only achieve, but even exceed our strategic goal of 6.5 GW of offshore capacity assumed for 2040 – stated Wojciech Dąbrowski, President of PGE, quoted in the press release.

As stated, the decision areas in the Baltic Sea for which the PGE group applied as part of settlement proceedings.

Wind farms in the Baltic Sea – decisions

- Advertisement -

The decision was issued for the area 43.E.1, for which PGE Baltica 4 applied. PGE holds 55.04 percent. shares in this company, and the remaining 44.96 percent. shares belong to Tauron. The capacity of the planned offshore wind farm, which would be built on the basis of the obtained permit, will amount to approx. 1 GW.

The permit also applies to area 44.E.1, which was applied for by Elektrownia Wiatrowa Baltica 9, in which PGE holds 100 percent. The capacity of the planned offshore wind farm will be approx. 1 GW.

The area 60.E.3 was applied for by Elektrownia Wiatrowa Baltica 1, in which PGE holds 100 percent. shares. The capacity of the planned offshore wind farm will be approx. 1.2 GW.

A permit was also granted to the area 60.E.4, for which Elektrownia Wiatrowa Baltica 5 applied, and in which PGE holds 66.19 percent. shares, and the remaining 33.81 percent. shares belong to Enea. The capacity of the planned offshore wind farm will amount to approx. 0.56 GW.

In addition, the permit concerns the area 45.E.1 for the construction of an offshore wind farm, for which Elektrownia Wiatrowa Baltica 2 applied. PGE holds 50% of the shares. shares in Elektrownia Wiatrowa Baltica 2, and the remaining 50 percent. belongs to Orsted. The capacity of the planned offshore wind farm will amount to approx. 0.2 GW.

The communiqué indicated that the decisions are not final. Within 14 days from the date of delivery of the decision, the parties to the proceedings have the right to submit a request to the Minister of Infrastructure for reconsideration of the case.

Currently, the PGE group is preparing to build offshore wind farms in the Baltic Sea with a total capacity of 3.4 GW. Baltica 2 with a capacity of approx. 1.5 GW and Baltica 3 with a capacity of approx. 1 GW make up the Baltica Offshore Wind Farm, which is to start producing electricity this decade. PGE is implementing this project in cooperation with Orsted. The PGE Group is also preparing to build the Baltica 1 project with a capacity of approx. 0.9 GW. This wind farm is scheduled for commissioning after 2030.



Source link

More articles

- Advertisement -

Latest article