Toxteth in Liverpool leads the checklist of Britain’s high 10 locations the place home costs are rising quickest, having shot up by a mean of 20% over the previous 12 months.
The North West has 5 of the highest 10 hotspots (scroll down for the total checklist) – a area the place asking costs have risen by 8% on common since September 2020.
Rightmove stated practically three-quarters (71%) of areas throughout Britain have hit file asking costs because the begin of final 12 months and that the common nationwide stands at £338,462 – up by 5.8% and in addition a file.
Tim Bannister, Rightmove’s director of property information, stated “competitors for properties” was behind the rise.
“The variety of properties on the market is at a file low, and purchaser demand stays excessive,” he defined.
In Toxteth, the common asking value for a house is £151,958, which nonetheless places it within the high 10% of the most affordable areas throughout Britain. However the common home value has jumped from £126,806 since September 2020.
Warren Matthews, from James Kristian Property Brokers in Liverpool, put the rise all the way down to “enhancements within the space”, which have been attracting first-time patrons and buyers alike.
“This has pushed demand up which has due to this fact considerably elevated costs within the space, and we’re nonetheless seeing excessive ranges of purchaser curiosity as we strategy the ultimate months of the 12 months,” he stated.
Beneath is a listing of the common asking costs in September 2021 and the share enhance for the highest 10 hotspots, in line with Rightmove:
1. Toxteth, Liverpool, Merseyside, £151,958, 20%
2. Accrington, Lancashire, £139,220, 19%
3. Retford, Nottinghamshire, £210,761, 19%
4. Heywood, Better Manchester, £194,634, 19%
5. Brixham, Devon, £318,859, 18%
6. Crowborough, East Sussex, £501,537, 18%
7. Aberdare, Rhondda Cynon Taf, £165,322, 18%
8. Moortown, Leeds, West Yorkshire, £327,804, 17%
9. Penwortham, Preston, Lancashire, £251,478, 17%
10. Nice Sankey, Warrington, Cheshire, £270,621, 16%