– I think that in the coming days you will see changes in the Constitutional Tribunal. I have great confidence in the intuition and skills of the Minister of Justice, Adam Bodnar. I think there will be specific actions regarding the Constitutional Tribunal. Political decisions have already been made – said MEP Robert Biedroń, co-chairman of the New Left, in “Fakty po Faktach”.
Guest of “Fakty po Faktach” Robert Biedroń revealed that decisions have been made regarding changes to the Constitutional Tribunal. – Things will happen this week that will change the course of the history of the Constitutional Tribunal. I believe that this should be done as soon as possible because society is growing impatient that this story has been going on for too long, said the co-chairman of the New Left.
– Mrs. Przyłębska, who should no longer have been a member of the Constitutional Tribunal, should end this shameful history of the Constitutional Tribunal as soon as possible. I think that Constitutional Court is too serious an institution to be partisan in the way Mrs. Przyłębska did. Let me remind you that President Kaczyński said that it was a social discovery – said Biedroń.
– I think that in the coming days you will see changes in the Constitutional Tribunal. I have great confidence in the intuition and skills, including substantive ones, of the Minister of Justice Adam Bodnar. I think there will be specific actions regarding the Constitutional Tribunal. Political decisions have already been made, the MEP added.
“We put a self-government pact on the table”
Biedroń asked why the Left will not run in elections local government with the Civic Coalition, he said that his party was willing to combine all the forces that form the government coalition. – As the Left, we believed that there was a need for even greater cooperation. We put a local government pact on the table, which calls for finding a common denominator for all the forces that form the government coalition today. It didn’t work out, I regret that. I think this is a mistake. We would overcome PIS really very strongly, I think in all assemblies. Today, this victory over PiS is in doubt, we will all have to work twice as hard to defeat PiS. It’s a pity – said Biedroń.
Biedroń admitted that they were looking for a “common denominator” with other parties in order to come under “one banner” as a ruling coalition. – Of course, we would not call ourselves a government coalition, but voters expect us to cooperate with each other. Elections local government elections are the most difficult choices for all of us. We realize this, so we must cooperate in these elections. It’s not a matter of regret, it’s a matter of pragmatics. We simply have to maximize profits in this democratic coalition, he said.
“The milk has already been spilled”
When asked whether the Civic Coalition “endured and abandoned” the Left in a joint start in the next elections, Biedroń said that “the milk has already been spilled.” – The left was preparing to take off on its own. This coalition appeared and disappeared like a meteor, we move on, he said.
– Today we decided as the Left that we are starting with a broad left flank – with the Razem party, with PPS, with Labor Union – Biedroń announced.
– The most important thing as the Left is to settle certain issues regarding local government, and I say this as a former mayor of the city. I know that today Poles are waiting for three million apartments. One million people do not have access to a bathroom in Poland. Our local government officials, people of the Left, have always said that housing is a right, not a commodity, that many people are unable to take out a loan, are unable to take out debt for life and need state support – said Biedroń.
Main photo source: TVN24