12.3 C
London
Thursday, May 23, 2024

Rocket near Bydgoszcz, aviation incident. The police got a call from the army, sent a patrol. Findings of tvn24.pl

Must read

- Advertisement -


The military informed the police on December 16, 2022 that an “unidentified aircraft object” could have fallen near Bydgoszcz, confirmed the editors of tvn24.pl in sources from the Central Police Headquarters. As we established, the police in Nakło nad Notecia was called by an officer with the rank of lieutenant colonel, and a police patrol was then sent to search for the “object”.

The fact that on December 16, 2022, the police received a report regarding the “air incident” was first reported by Paweł Olszewski, member of the Civic Platform. “After the patrolling, nothing was found. The intervention was not confirmed. It was completed as unconfirmed. The army itself did not verify and did not search,” the PO politician wrote on Twitter.

As Olszewski later added, “the report (…) was made by a certain lieutenant colonel. He did not want to give anything else to the police officer on duty. There are recordings of these conversations.”

Call the police. Aviation incident

- Advertisement -

Information about the “air incident” report submitted on December 16, 2022 by the military was confirmed by sources from the National Police Headquarters. As the editors of tvn24.pl found out, a soldier with the rank of lieutenant colonel called the telephone number of the police headquarters in Nakło nad Notecia. This report – like all those coming to the management position – was recorded. The officer briefed the police officer on duty that there had been an “air incident” and that an “unidentified aircraft object” might have fallen. According to our information, the lieutenant colonel did not mention the missile.

Services near the place where the remains of an unidentified military facility were found in the forest near the town of Zamość PAP/Tytus Żmijewski

– The soldier indicated to the duty officer a very large area between the towns of Kruszyn and Białe Błota, quite distant from the area where the remains of the rocket were actually found – says our interlocutor, requesting anonymity.

When in April a random person found the remains of the object, probably a Russian rocket, the policemen returned to the matter of the phone call from December 16, 2022.

– The control division examined the behavior of the duty officer. He sent a patrol, but the area was too large to penetrate, and more precise information from the army was not available in the following days and months – says the police officer.

The minister accuses the general. The general publishes a statement

Deputy Prime Minister, head of the Ministry of National Defense Mariusz Błaszczak said on Thursday at a conference that the procedures and response mechanisms regarding the object found near Bydgoszcz worked properly to the level of the Operational Commander of the Armed Forces, who did not inform him “or the relevant services about the object that appeared in Polish airspace”. This commander is Lieutenant General Tomasz Piotrowski.

In a statement published on Friday, General Piotrowski referred to the words of the Minister of National Defense. – In recent hours, I have received many calls, I have read a lot of information from people who write to me about the so-called “media storm” that has prevailed in space – he said in an appeal published on the website of the Polish Army. – I wanted to make an appeal for common sense, that we weigh our emotions very much in the coming days – added the Operational Commander of the Polish Armed Forces.

READ MORE: Rocket near Bydgoszcz and the activities of the services. General Tomasz Piotrowski’s statement >>>

Appeal of the Operational Commander of the Polish Armed Forces, Lieutenant General Tomasz Piotrowskiarmy-polskie.pl

Main photo source: PAP/Tytus Żmijewski



Source link

More articles

- Advertisement -

Latest article