20.9 C
London
Tuesday, June 18, 2024

Rocket near Bydgoszcz. Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki: If this is the decision, I will testify. We have nothing to hide

Must read

- Advertisement -


I have not been interrogated, but if such a decision is made, I will always give appropriate testimony. We have nothing to hide here, Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki said on Tuesday when asked about the rocket found near Bydgoszcz.

Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki after the “Family 800+ Picnic” organized at the Chancellery of the Prime Minister, he was asked if he had been interrogated or expects to be interrogated about the rocket that fell in Poland. – I have not been interrogated and I do not know whether to expect it, because it is not my prerogative – he replied.

– Of course, if such a decision is made, I will always give appropriate testimony. We have nothing to hide here, nothing to change from what I said earlier in public space. If there is such a demand from the prosecutor’s office, I will of course perform my civic duty – he added.

The place where the remains of an airborne military facility were found in the village of Zamość near BydgoszczMariusz Sidorkiewicz/TVN24

- Advertisement -

Rocket debris near Bydgoszcz

At the end of April in Zamość near Bydgoszcz, a third party found the remains of an “unidentified military facility”. As it turned out later, these were the remains of a rocket that fell there on December 16, 2022. Head of the Ministry of National Defence Mariusz Blaszczakas well as Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki, claim that they only learned about the rocket when its remains were found.

READ: Timeline of events regarding the rocket debris near Bydgoszcz

At the end of April, Minister of Justice, Attorney General Zbigniew Ziobro informed on Twitter that the prosecutor’s office has initiated proceedings regarding the remains of an air object found in a forest near Bydgoszcz.

On May 11, the head of the Ministry of National Defense stated that “procedures and response mechanisms in the case of the object found near Bydgoszcz worked properly up to the level of the operational commander.” He accused Gen. Tomasz Piotrowski, the operational commander of the Polish Armed Forces, of not informing him or the relevant services about the missile that entered Polish airspace. According to the minister, in the report of December 16, which he received from COD, there was information that on that day “there was no violation or crossing of the airspace of the Republic of Poland, which – as it later turned out – was untrue”. He added that any personnel decisions would be made after consultation with the president.

The BBN stated a day later that the information at the disposal of the president “does not justify making personnel decisions” regarding the highest commanding staff of the Polish Army, and the president has not been presented with any request in this matter.

WATCH ON TVN24 GO: “POCISK”

Deputies about notifying the prosecutor’s office

At the end of May, the heads of the KO and Lewica clubs, Boris Budka and Krzysztof Gawkowski, informed about the preparation of a motion of no confidence in the head of the Ministry of National Defense Mariusz Błaszczak.

In turn, at the beginning of June, the members of the KO Tomasz Siemoniak and Cezary Tomczyk announced submitting an application to the prosecutor’s office about the possibility of committing a crime by Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki about the rocket found near Bydgoszcz. A government spokesman replied that the prime minister had not been informed of the rocket incident in December.

“Today we are submitting an application to the Polish prosecutor’s office. We want to inform about the possibility of committing a crime by Prime Minister (Mateusz) Morawiecki in connection with failure to fulfill his duties in connection with the fact that he lied to the public, in connection with the fact that the case of a rocket that fell on Poland knew from the very beginning,” Tomczyk said.

The KO MP referred to an article by “Rzeczpospolita”, in which the newspaper – citing its own findings – claims that both Prime Minister Morawiecki and the head of the Ministry of National Defense Mariusz Błaszczak were to be informed on December 16, 2022 by the operational commander of the Polish Armed Forces, General Tomasz Piotrowski, about “unidentified object of unknown origin”.

A government spokesman replied that the prime minister had not been informed of the rocket incident in December.

Main photo source: Mariusz Sidorkiewicz/TVN24



Source link

More articles

- Advertisement -

Latest article