20.5 C
London
Monday, May 20, 2024

Russia. The mercenaries of the Wagner Group die en masse at Bakhmut

Must read

- Advertisement -


Most of the mercenaries from the private military company Wagner Group died in the fighting near Bakhmut, said the spokesman of the Ukrainian Eastern Group of Armed Forces, Serhiy Cherevaty. – The history of the activities of this infamous formation is slowly coming to an end there – he said.

In previous weeks, Ukrainian civil and military authorities reported that enemy forces had deployed the most experienced and best-trained units of the Wagner Group, a mercenary formation led by Yevgeny Prigozhin, a businessman with ties to the Kremlin, to fight for Bakhmut.

Yevgeny Prigozhin Reuters

Coverage tvn24.pl: RUSSIA’S ATTACK ON UKRAINE

- Advertisement -

Cherevaty noted the high intensity of combat operations in the Bakhmut and Lyman-Kupian directions, i.e. in the northern part of the Donetsk, western Luhansk and eastern Kharkiv regions. According to the spokesman, only in the past 24 hours, Russian troops fired 188 artillery and rocket launchers near Bakhmut, and as many as 347 near Lyman and Kupiansk.

About 20 shelling and 23 combat clashes took place in Bakhmut alone. On this section of the front, 191 enemy soldiers were killed and 319 were wounded, while in the Lyman-Kupian direction – 35 and 55 of the aggressor’s military, respectively, announced Czerewaty.

“Wagnerians. Putin’s mercenaries”Player Original press materials

HEI rating

Earlier on Friday, the American Institute for War Research (ISW) reported that in the eastern part of Bakhmut, the activities of the Wagner Group had probably entered a tactical pause. “Since March 7, there have been no reports of attacks by these mercenary formations from the eastern part of the city towards the center,” the think tank said.

According to the ISW, Wagner’s forces, exhausted and decimated by nine months of assaults, are probably not prepared to cross the Bachmutka River separating the eastern part of the city from the center.

Losses are high on both sides

Russian forces have been trying to take Bakhmut since August 2022. The heaviest and bloodiest military operations in the war are currently taking place there Russia with Ukraine. Authorities in Kiev say that the situation in the city is getting more and more difficult, but most of Bakhmut, including the center, is still under the control of the Ukrainian army. Losses on both sides are high, but according to various estimates, the invaders lose five to seven times more soldiers than the defending Ukrainian army.

The American Institute for War Research (ISW) estimated in its latest report that Ukrainian troops have completed a controlled withdrawal from the eastern part of Bakhmut, and the aggressor’s troops occupied at least 50 percent on Wednesday. city ​​area.

Main photo source: REUTERS



Source link

More articles

- Advertisement -

Latest article