I am interested in investigative commissions, which Donald Tusk has not talked about yet – said Ryszard Petru, MP, in the program “Fakty po Faktach” on TVN24, who announced the project on shopping Sundays in the program. Senator Krzysztof Kwiatkowski, who participated in the discussion, talked about the challenges related to the National Reconstruction Plan. – These tens of billions of euros are more difficult money. This is money for specific projects, programs that need to be implemented and settled, and then you also receive funds, he noted.
Anita Werner’s guests in Tuesday’s edition of “Fakty po Faktach” on TVN24 were independent senator Krzysztof Kwiatkowski and MP of Trzecia Droga-Polska 2050 Ryszard Petru, who were asked about investigative commissions already announced by the head of PO, Donald Tusk.
Petru: I’m definitely interested in investigative commissions, which Donald Tusk hasn’t talked about yet
Ryszard Petru admitted that he was interested in “of course the Pegasus commission”. – Because state surveillance is a serious crime. Therefore, the question is how far the secret services interfered in our everyday life, broke the law, and isn’t it true that the secret services de facto acted only against the opposition? – He was asking.
– Today I was elected head of the economy committee. I have a different line of work, so I would not like to declare which of these investigative commissions I would like to be a part of. I am certainly interested in investigative commissions, more on which later Donald Tusk he did not say, those regarding, for example, Covid funds, i.e. the entire area of public finances, which ended up beyond the control of parliament and there, in my opinion, there were far-reaching abuses – he said.
– I would rather see myself in these elements in investigative commissions, including, for example, questions about what was happening at the National Bank of Poland, than in areas where there are certainly better experts than me – he added.
Petru: we have submitted a project regarding shopping Sundays
When asked whether a commercial Sunday would be introduced on Christmas Eve, Petru replied: – We have submitted a project, I have signed such a project, so that there will be no commercial Sunday (on Sunday) on Christmas Eve, but only permanently, two Sundays before, will be commercial.
– As a rule, I am personally in favor of all Sundays being commercial, but we will have to look for a compromise within the coalition and perhaps we will end up with two commercial Sundays, as proposed by Poland 2050 – he noted.
Kwiatkowski on “where we have trouble”
Krzysztof Kwiatkowski, in turn, was asked about the decision of the European Commission, which positively assessed the amended Polish KPO worth EUR 59.8 billion. Council approval will enable Poland to receive advance payments of EUR 5.1 billion.
– The decision is one thing, the transfer of funds is another. In this particular case, it is a form of advance payment and this is a good change. Where are we in trouble? With money from the National Reconstruction Plan, because these tens of billions of euros are more difficult money. This is money for specific projects, programs that need to be implemented and settled, and then you also receive funds – described the senator.
He admitted that he did not know the detailed accounting procedures of the European Commission, but he assumed that “this money is likely to arrive in the next few weeks.” – They are important. However, we are dealing with a significant economic slowdown. And when we said that the money from the KPO should arrive as soon as possible, it wasn’t about politics, it was about a real chance to spend the money – he explained.
– I speak as a former president NIK: if we do not have approved programs, implemented projects and then settled them, we will have to return this money and this is the tragedy of these two years that the government PiS we, the citizens, lost because there is, unfortunately, a very big threat that we will have problems with using all this money – he explained.
When asked about the words of the President of the National Bank of Poland, Adam Glapiński, who said in one of the interviews that “funds from the KPO are of minimal importance for economic development” and “would add 0.3-0.4 percent to economic growth.” “The KPO is used for primitive, economic blackmail against Poland. We should not succumb to it,” Glapiński said.
– While watching President Glapiński’s press conferences, I often had trouble staying on the same intellectual plateau – commented Kwiatkowski. – The arguments presented by President Glapiński were more of a Masurian cabaret night than a serious economist who should perform the duties of the president of the National Bank of Poland – he said.
In response to the comment that PiS politicians also talked about “blackmail” in this context, the senator asked: “but what kind of blackmail?” – After all, Prime Minister Morawiecki himself prepared a draft act that implemented the obligations towards the European Commission that he signed himself. I mean what? Their prime minister, the Law and Justice government, succumbed to Brussels blackmail? This narrative doesn’t make sense, said the senator.
Petru: Polish economy has zero growth
Petru also commented on the NBP president’s statement about KPO. – We have zero economic growth, which means the Polish economy is not growing. KPO means one percentage point of growth, which translates into PLN 30 billion a year, which we will generate as an extra economy – he said.
Petru emphasized that it is untrue that KPOs “would add 0.3-0.4 percent to economic growth.” – That’s one percentage point. Indeed, when we grow by 4 percent, this additional point does not weigh that much, but we are not growing now – he pointed out.
– PiS has caused the Polish economy to have zero growth and high growth inflation and people are relatively poorer, and yet they are relatively high interest rates. This is the result of PiS rule, it leaves us with a huge deficit, Morawiecki’s hole, with growing debt and we need to call it by its name – he emphasized.
He concluded that “we have to undo all this and there is little time because people already expect specifics and action from us.”
Main photo source: TVN24