A minimum of one particular person was injured after the Caesars Superdome, dwelling of the New Orleans Saints, caught fireplace on Tuesday afternoon, based on stories.
The New Orleans Fireplace Division responded to a three-alarm fireplace on the Caesars Superdome in downtown New Orleans simply after midday on Tuesday as heavy smoke and flames appeared to emerge from the stadium roof.
Photos from the scene appeared to indicate employees on the roof of the stadium as flames and heavy black smoke tore by way of a piece of what seemed to be the higher part.
Doug Thornton, vice chairman of stadiums for ASM World, the mum or dad firm that manages the power, advised FOX8 that the hearth appeared to have began within the “gutter tub” the place employees have been utilizing a high-powered stress washer.
Based on the report, the hearth blazed by way of the tough for round quarter-hour earlier than the smoke appeared to reduce, indicating it had been extinguished. A minimum of one particular person was transported to an space hospital with minor burns.
The New Orleans Fireplace Division didn’t instantly return Fox Information’ request for remark.
The Saints have been displaced since Aug. 28 when Hurricane Ida battered the Louisiana coast. The staff has been training within the Dallas space and performed their first “dwelling” recreation at TIAA Financial institution Discipline in Jacksonville, Florida.
Coach Sean Payton mentioned the staff would return dwelling for his or her Week 4 matchup in opposition to the New York Giants however there’s no phrase but if Tuesday’s fireplace will change that.