12 C
London
Sunday, June 23, 2024

Scandal at the Justice Fund. Borys Budka and Łukasz Schreiber comment

Must read

- Advertisement -


– The Prosecutor General and his people organized a system to use public money to organize an election campaign – said Borys Budka (KO) in “Fakty po Faktach” about the Justice Fund scandal. – This matter is still completely unresolved – said Łukasz Schreiber (PiS).

Father Michał O. was charged with two additional charges of money laundering in an investigation into irregularities in the Justice Fund. – The idea was to make the money appear to be purely earned, i.e. from rent, and then not be subject to certain rigors related to the contract with the Justice Fund – explained Przemysław Nowak, spokesman for the National Prosecutor's Office.

Read more: Additional charges against Father Michał O. and the former deputy director of the Justice Fund

The suspect is currently in custody. He faces up to 10 years in prison. – Investigators from the team investigating the Justice Fund scandal also supplemented the allegations against Karolina K., former deputy director of the Justice Fund. This includes, among other things, exceeding and failing to fulfill obligations – said Maciej Duda, a journalist at tvn24.pl and TVN's “Superwizjer”.

- Advertisement -

The guests of “Fakty po Faktach” and candidates in… commented on the allegations regarding irregularities surrounding the Justice Fund elections to the European Parliament: Borys Budka (KO) and Łukasz Schreiber (PiS).

The booth: a pathological situation was designed already in 2016

As Borys Budka assessed, “the pathological situation was designed already in 2016.” – This is why (Zbigniew – ed.) Ziobro subordinated the prosecutor's office to himself. This is why the PiS government turned it off Constitutional Courtto be able to do things like this, he continued.

– This is the siphoning off of money she was talking about Supreme Chamber of Control. And everything happened in the camp of those who invoke great values. Who said they would chase criminals. The prosecutor general and his people organized a system to use public money to run an election campaign. In addition, most of this money was spent illegally. It was issued absolutely unintentionally – he added.

– The worst thing about this situation is that these people are still in politics. Thanks Jarosław Kaczyński. He was so checked by Ziobro that he included these people on his lists. And some of them are running for the European Parliament today. Today they still lead an active political life, said the KO politician.

Schreiber: This is a matter that is still completely unresolved

Łukasz Schreiber stated that the allegations regarding the spending of funds from the Justice Fund are “a matter yet completely unresolved.” – There are three cases here. The first is the issue of aid provided to the victims. And this is indisputable. (…) 509 million (PLN – ed.), I am talking about the amount that went to the victims. The second issue is the funds transferred, for example, to the Volunteer Fire Department or hospitals. That's 300 million there. And the third case may concern several cases indicated by the prosecutor's office that need to be clarified and investigated, he added.

Łukasz Schreiber and Borys Budka in “Fakty po Faktach” TVN24

As he argued, “today we have a situation in which the power camp, with the help of the compliant media, which was taken over illegally, with the help of the prosecutor's office, also taken over illegally, with the help of favorable media, with the help of the secret services, with the help of investigative commissions,” wants to “destroy the opposition.” – This is an unprecedented situation – said the PiS politician.

Justice Fund investigation

The investigation into the spending of funds from the Justice Fund is being conducted by the National Prosecutor's Office, which has so far brought charges against seven people, three of whom have been arrested. The suspects include: former and current officials of the Ministry of Justice, dealing with the fund whose main purpose was and is to help crime victims.

In connection with the investigation in May this year. The Speaker of the Sejm received a request from the Polish Parliament to waive the immunity of the former deputy head of the Ministry of Justice, and currently PiS MP Michał Wosi (Sovereign Poland), among others in connection with his decision to spend PLN 25 million on the purchase of Pegasus software. In addition, the prosecutor's office is preparing further applications to waive the immunity regarding other politicians of Sovereign Poland. According to media reports, they will concern PiS MPs: Marcin Romanowski (also former deputy head of the Ministry of Justice) and Dariusz Matecki.

Main photo source: TVN24



Source link

More articles

- Advertisement -

Latest article