After the explosion of a house in Ścinawa in Lower Silesia, the house was to be demolished. The explosion took place on Wednesday, and seven people were injured. The health of two of them is still very bad. All property and property of the residents were completely destroyed in the blink of an eye. They cannot enter the disaster area for even the most necessary things.
As informed by the officer on duty of the Provincial Rescue Coordination Post of the State Fire Service in Wrocław, a two-story building at ul. May 1 in Ścinawa. Five families lived there. On Wednesday evening there was a fire on the site, it was extinguished by 15 fire brigades. On Thursday morning, the fire was already extinguished and one fire truck was left on the spot.
The gas exploded when someone turned on the light
Now a statement from the property manager has been published on this matter. “On Wednesday, November 10, 2021, around 9 p.m. in Ścinawa at 1 Maja Street, 26, as a result of a powerful gas explosion, practically the entire building belonging to the May 1, 26 Housing Community was rapidly destroyed. It should be noted that the building at 26 1 Maja Street in Ścinawa was not connected to the gas network. The cause of the explosion, based on the preliminary opinion of experts working at the prosecutor’s office, was the unsealing of the gas installation at 1 Maja Street “- reads the release.
According to experts, as a result of the leakage, the gas leaked into a nearby sewage pipe, the opening of which ended in the staircase in the building. The escaping gas gradually mixed with the air to form an explosive mixture. The gas in the stairwell was ignited by a small spark, in this case caused by the switching on of the light.
As stated, seven people were injured. Two are fighting for their lives. “Four adults are currently hospitalized, the condition of two people is very serious – burns up to 90 percent of the body, one of the people requires limb amputation” – reads the release.
Collection for the injured
All property and property of the residents were completely destroyed in the blink of an eye, the building can only be demolished.
“The injured cannot enter the crash site even for the most necessary things. Due to the above, Domator Nieruchomości Nieruchomości Elżbieta Dynerowicz, acting as the manager of the community at 1 Maja 26 Street in Ścinawa, decided to create a fundraiser and ask you with a great and sincere request for support. Let us be a community that helps others in difficult times. Let us extend a helping hand to those in need “- it was written in the release.
The mayor of Ścinawa, Krystian Costła, said that for families who lost their homes as a result of the explosion, the commune has shelter in flats and youth hostels. – There was also a four-year-old boy in the tenement house during the explosion, he is okay, he is not hospitalized – said Costła.
Like an earthquake
On the spot, our reporter talked with a resident of Ścinawa, who – as he claims – felt an explosion in his apartment, almost a kilometer from the tenement house at ul. 1 May.
It sounded like someone had slammed the door. I live almost a kilometer from here and even there it was heard. Actually, everyone in the vicinity heard such a hard blow, something like an earthquake. Such a blast went around the area. The entire building practically ceased to exist. The roof flew out over the whole neighborhood, the windows were broken. Great losses – says Mr. Krzysztof.
A resident of Ścinawa, who lives two streets from the site of the explosion, reported in an interview with TVN24 that “the bang was huge, windows and doors shook”.
Main photo source: tvn24