Rude uncles clutching their bellies, laughing – this is how Civic Coalition MP Aleksandra Gajewska referred to the behavior of Law and Justice politicians who avoided answering questions asked in the Sejm by TVN24 reporter Agata Adamek. According to Dorota Olko (KW Nowa Lewica), “people who held such offices should not clown around.”
On Thursday, TVN24 reporter Agata Adamek tried to ask representatives of the current government camp questions about their political future in the Sejm. Head of the Ministry of National Defense Mariusz Błaszczak he said he couldn’t answer because he was “listening to a concert”. – I don’t hear it – replied Deputy Minister of Culture Jarosław Sellin. -Who? – the deputy head of the Ministry of Interior and Administration asked her Maciej Wąsiksuggesting that he does not hear the journalist’s question.
This behavior of politicians was commented on in “Fakty po Faktach” by newly elected MPs – Aleksandra Gajewska (second result on the Warsaw list of the Civic Coalition, over 49,000 votes) and Dorota Olko (second result on the Warsaw list of the New Left, over 44,000 votes).
Gajewska on the behavior of PiS politicians: rude uncles clutching their bellies
– Rude uncles clutching their bellies and laughing – said Gajewska, commenting on the behavior of PiS politicians. – I don’t know why you are laughing, because they will be responsible for how they have been stealing Poland in recent years, how they have abused the mechanism of power and tools, just like Mr. Wąsik, to eavesdrop on people, to check them and to use all this – she commented.
She added, “the way they treated the reporter is simply reprehensible and pathetic.” – My hands just drop – she emphasized.
Olko: one responds with smiles, jokes and downplaying very serious issues
– If these gentlemen and their representatives say they have this majority, what problem do they have with answering this question? – Olko wondered. – Let’s be honest, this is just clowning – she said.
– I think that people who held such offices should not clown around. And this is a matter of the future of the state, she emphasized.
The guest of “Fakty po Faktach” also said that “if a TVP reporter approaches us, even with questions such as WOS, as today in the Sejm, we answer them.” – Because we respect the public media, regardless of what they are like, and the journalists who do their job, the way they are supposed to do it. We are not afraid to answer these questions, she said.
– And here the response is with smiles, jokes and downplaying very serious issues – she added.
“There are no two majorities in the same parliamentary composition”
The MPs also commented on the president’s words Andrzej Dudawho, summarizing the course of consultations with representatives of electoral committees that will be represented in the next Sejm, announced that he was two serious candidates for the position of prime minister.
– No democratic majority in the Third Polish Republic had such a huge mandate of trust as the coalition of the democratic opposition has today. This is 53.7 percent support and 11 million 600 thousand votes – said Gajewska.
As she assessed, “today, Mr. President, manipulating public opinion, comes out and says that there is a different majority among the same group of parliamentarians.” – There are no two majorities in the same parliamentary composition – she emphasized.
Dorota Olko pointed out that “all parties that are part of these three coalitions, which still form the democratic opposition, say clearly that this government will simply be formed.”
– I would understand if the president asked these representatives of other parties. Since Law and Justice says he has the majority, you could have asked if you had the majority, she said. – Apparently no such question was asked – she added.
Main photo source: TVN24