The Sejm deals with the president’s motion to grant consent to extend the state of emergency for another 60 days, which is in force in part of the Podlaskie and Lubelskie voivodships. The head of the Ministry of the Interior and Administration, Mariusz Kaminski, said that out of 200 tested phones, 50 owners of these phones were considered to be a threat to the security of the state and our citizens. He said that in one of them a number was found to the person who was to prepare the attack in the European Union.
A conclusion on this President Andrzej Duda signed on Wednesday. On Thursday evening it is dealt with by Members.
Kaminski: Mass violations of international law cannot be tolerated
The head of the Ministry of Interior and Administration, Mariusz Kaminski, said that “what we are dealing with in the Polish-Belarusian state is the phenomenon of mass illegal migrants organized by the Belarusian state”.
As he continued, the political interest of Alexander Lukashenka is “to destabilize the situation in Poland and Lithuania, that is, in those countries where Belarusian refugees find a safe haven”.
– People who come to our border are people who are legally in Belarus. They are migrants who want to improve their life situation. This need can be understood, but not at the expense of breaking the law. (…) Mass violations of international law and our borders cannot be tolerated – he stressed.
Kamiński: 95 percent of people who try to cross our border are detained at the border line
The head of the Ministry of Interior and Administration said that 46 flights from Baghdad to Minsk were recorded from May to August. – 10,000 people were transported to Minsk on board these planes. The deposit for this trip is four thousand dollars, he added.
Kaminski informed that there are currently four thousand Border Guard officers, 2.5 thousand soldiers and several hundred policemen at the border.
– 95 percent of people who try to cross our border are stopped at the border line – he stressed.
The head of the Ministry of Interior and Administration informed that the first stage of an in-depth examination of the data of persons who had been arrested and who did not have their identity cards with them had been completed. – 200 phones were examined, i.e. 200 people in the first stage. Out of 200 phones, 50 owners of these phones were deemed to pose a threat to the security of the state and our citizens – he said.
As he said, the first threat is related to terrorism. – One of the telephones found the number of a person arrested in the EU who was to prepare an attack in the European Union.
He said that the person whose number was found on one of the phones was related to the so-called Islamic State and “is an explosives specialist.”
Soloch: the reasons for the introduction of the state of emergency have not ceased
The content of the president’s application was presented by the head of the National Security Bureau, Paweł Soloch.
– According to the conclusion of the Council of Ministers, the main problem at the Polish-Belarusian border, constituting the external border of the European Union, is the intensified attempts to illegally cross the state border – he said.
– I would like to convey that the president highly appreciates the work of the Border Guard, the armed forces and the police. On behalf of the president, I wish to express my appreciation to all the officers and soldiers serving in the state of emergency, he added.
At the same time, he pointed out that “in the opinion of the president and the Council of Ministers, the reasons for introducing the state of emergency have not ceased”. – Further counteracting its causes is possible only by extending its duration. The president requests that the state of emergency be extended for a further 60 days, he said.
Sipiera: thanks to the state of emergency, the spiral of emotions has decreased
Zdzisław Sipiera, MP, spoke on behalf of the Law and Justice club. He stated that today at the border “we do not see happenings, orienteering races of some members of the opposition”. He argued that “dazzling with media messages in order to wind a spiral of emotions” has decreased.
– Every day we see an intensification of the activities of the Belarusian side. The purpose of this is to reduce the operational efficiency of our services, he continued.
He pointed out that “the situation is very tense and can be elevated to the higher elements of provocation at any moment.” – What do we need? Time, silencing disputes, political agreement, help for our services – he said.
Sienkiewicz: You’re great at chasing women and children, but you can’t catch men anymore
On behalf of the Koalicja Obywatelska club, MP Bartłomiej Sienkiewicz will vote. – A month of the state of emergency has passed and it is best to check its operation not on the eastern border, but on the western one. In mid-September, 460 refugees arrived in Brandenburg. By the end of September, that number had risen to 700, he pointed out.
– A large proportion of these refugees are healthy men. The truth about the state of emergency that you introduced is that you are great at chasing women and children, but you are no longer able to catch men, ‘he said to the representatives of the government camp.
– Your actions destroy the Polish state and not restore security to Poles. Therefore, we will vote against on the basis of responsibility for the state you are destroying. We will vote against, guided by the safety of Poles. We will vote against for the sake of normal human decency, said the KO.
Gawkowski: You extend the state of emergency by treating it as a smokescreen for decomposition of the system
Its boss, Krzysztof Gawkowski, spoke on behalf of the Left club. – The security of Polish borders is a priority issue and on behalf of the Left, it declares its support for legal actions that will ensure the security of this border. But a safe border is one where no one is killed – he said.
– You are prolonging the state of emergency by treating it as a smokescreen for the breakdown of the system but health care. You want to cover the next reports of the Supreme Audit Office, financial penalties imposed on the Polish woman. You are ashamed of the scale of nepotism and cronyism. These are the reasons why you are introducing a state of emergency – Gawkowski asked the rulers.
“It’s easier to lie and fabricate evidence without cameras, flashes and microphones,” he added.
Nowogórska: nobody has a subscription to security and a monopoly right
On behalf of the Polish Coalition club, MP Urszula Nowogórska. At the beginning of her speech, she emphasized that “it is human duty to help a woman, it is to give the child a glass of water, a slice of bread and shoes, if they do not have them”.
– Nobody has a subscription to security and a monopoly right. That is why we believe that Lukashenka’s regime, which threatens the security of Poles, must not be allowed to act, she said.
She pointed out that “the introduction of such a state and the actions taken as a result of its introduction must correspond to the state of a real threat and should aim at restoring the state to normal functioning”.
– What is happening at the border is detrimental to the image of Poland. Stoking interpersonal antagonisms and creating fear will have tragic consequences, she warned.
Winnicki: the government did not give the task to seal the border
A representative of the Confederation circle, MP Robert Winnicki, also took the floor. – When I hear voices coming from the left side of the room, when I hear the services being attacked, I think that champagne corks are popping out in Minsk today, he said, referring to the speech of, among others, MP Gawkowski.
At the same time he admitted that “the Polish eastern border is leaking.” “It’s being stormed and the government hasn’t given the job a seal,” he added.
– This border is unguarded. We know this from the reports of the inhabitants of the Podlaskie Voivodeship. People keep reporting that the Border Guard is not able to guard this border without natural barriers – he continued.
Winnicki stated that “there is only one method how to effectively stop the pressure on our borders”. “That is to build a real wall there,” he said.
Gill-Friday: we do not agree to be a country that, using the state of emergency, tortures children
Hanna Gill-Piątek, MP, took the floor on behalf of the Polska 2050 circle. “When you gentlemen were playing a disgusting comedy, these children waited for someone to warm, feed and hug them,” she told the government representatives.
– In view of the real threat from Belarus, you ridiculed us in Europe, you humiliated the honor of the services, and now you come to hide your ineptitude for a longer time – she continued.
– Poland 2050 is for border protection, but we do not agree to be a country that, using the state of emergency, tortures children. Security does not exclude humanity, and you cannot deal with either one or the other – she added.
Drink: honest information is not a threat
Deputy Michał Wypij spoke on behalf of the Covenant Circle. He said that the military maneuvers were over and people were dying on our border.
He also referred to the lack of journalists on the Polish-Belarusian border. He pointed out that “reliable information is not a threat, it is a threat only to those who have impure intentions”. – Nobody doubts that the regime of Alyaksanr Lukashenka is behind this issue – he added.
– Without admitting the public to reliable information, my political environment cannot agree to the extension of the state of emergency – he said.
On behalf of the Polish Affairs Circle, MP Paweł Szramka.
– I am far from comparing Belarus to Poland. On the other hand, in Belarus, the message is created by Lukashenka, here we get the message from you. How objective we can doubt, because we cannot verify it.
The state of emergency at the border with Belarus
The state of emergency has been in force since September 2 in the border zone with Belarus in part of the Lubelskie and Podlaskie voivodeships. It was introduced for 30 days by a presidential ordinance issued at the request of the government.
Among other things, the media are not allowed to work in the area covered by the state of emergency. All information from this area is communicated to the public by official agents.
Main photo source: Paweł Supernak / PAP