4.6 C
London
Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Siedlce. A man died of carbon monoxide poisoning

Must read

- Advertisement -


A 74-year-old man in the bathroom lost consciousness. His granddaughter called for help. Despite the efforts of firefighters and paramedics, the man could not be saved. He was fatally poisoned.

Paweł Kulicki from the Municipal Headquarters of the State Fire Service in Siedlce informed that the incident took place on Saturday evening in an apartment on Konopnicka Street.

– A 74-year-old man was found unconscious in the bathroom. His granddaughter reported the incident. Despite the actions taken by both firefighters and the medical rescue team, they could not save him, Kulicki said.

The fireman explained that carbon monoxide poisoning had occurred. The presence of this substance in the room was detected by measuring devices. “The source was most likely a water-heating stove,” a spokesman for firefighters said.

- Advertisement -

That’s how it killsCarbon monoxide is odorless, colorless and very dangerous, firefighters even call it a “silent killer”. Every year, as soon as the heating season begins, dozens of people are poisoned by carbon monoxide. Warnings and encouragement to install sensors do not helpTVN facts

Carbon monoxide poisoning

Carbon monoxide is an odorless and colorless gas that is produced by the incomplete combustion of fuels. It is called the “silent killer” because it is very difficult to detect on your own.

Carbon monoxide enters the body through the respiratory system and then disrupts the distribution of oxygen supplied to the entire body by the blood. High levels of carbon monoxide can be deadly.

Symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning include: headache, dizziness, general fatigue, shortness of breath, drowsiness, nausea, disorientation, difficulty breathing, accelerated and irregular breathing, loss of consciousness.

Symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoningKG PSP

Read also: Carbon monoxide poisoning in Wola. Two people were taken to the hospital

The event took place in Wola

The event took place in Wola Artur Węgrzynowicz, tvnwarszawa.pl

soot, carbon monoxidePSP Poznań

Main photo source: TVN24



Source link

More articles

- Advertisement -

Latest article