The White House reacts to the attack on the American base in Jordan. Jerzy Owsiak summarized the 32nd Finale of the Great Orchestra of Christmas Charity. The most serious mission of the Danish Navy in 160 years. Here are six things to know on January 30.
1. The White House on the attack on the American base
Secretary of State USA Antony Blinken announced that the response to the attack on US forces in Jordan it will be decisive, multi-level, multi-phase and long-lasting. He also assessed that the current situation in the region is the most dangerous since 1973. US National Security Council spokesman John Kirby said that “this was a very serious attack that had deadly consequences.” – We will respond, and we will respond appropriately, he said, emphasizing that Washington “is not seeking war with Iran.”
2. The mayor of Szprotawa was imprisoned for months and the court acquitted him
The mayor of Szprotawa spent nine months in custody. In January, the court acquitted him of bribery charges. Mirosław Gąsik argued from the beginning that he was innocent. In detention, he says, he experienced “degrading conditions.” He also sees a political motive in his detention. – It suited them because I was from the opposition, I was and I am from PSL – says.
3. Owsiak summed up the 32nd Finale of the Great Orchestra of Christmas Charity. He also replied to Błaszczak
– We ended yesterday with the declared amount of PLN 175,426,813. At the moment, we have PLN 29,673,016 on the foundation’s account – he said after the 32nd Finale of the Great Orchestra of Christmas Charity at a press conference Jerzy Owsiak. He added that the final result of the collection will be known on March 27. He also referred to the words of the former head of the Ministry of National Defense Mariusz Błaszczak regarding the Polish Army playing with WOŚP again. – Mr. former minister, no one ordered anyone, really. Everyone wanted to play, he emphasized.
4. Bodnar dismissed 10 district and regional prosecutors
Attorney General Adam Bodnar dismissed 10 district and regional prosecutors. The decision, as we read in the press release, was made “in close cooperation with the acting national prosecutor Jacek Bilewicz.” The statement stated that this was part of “the implementation of the program of changes in the Prosecutor’s Office, aimed at restoring this service to citizens.” The decision was made on Saturday.
5. The most serious mission of the Danish Navy in 160 years
The Danish frigate Iver Huitfeldt with 175 sailors on board sailed from the naval port of Korsor. The ship is to join the military operation in the Red Sea conducted by the US and Great Britain against Houthi rebels In Yemen. According to the media, this is the most serious mission of the Danish Navy since 1864, when the fleet Denmark fought the last sea battle on May 9 against the Prussian-Austrian troops in the North Sea.
6. Sinner retires from the game after winning a Grand Slam
Jannik Sinner, the winner of the Australian Open that ended on Sunday, withdrew from the ATP 250 indoor tournament in Marseille scheduled for February 5-11. A year ago, the event ended with the victory of Hubert Hurkacz.
Main photo source: PAP/Marcin Obara