11 C
London
Saturday, May 25, 2024

Smolensk catastrophe. The Smolensk subcommittee will submit a notification of a suspected attack, Antoni Macierewicz said

Must read

- Advertisement -


The Smolensk subcommittee will submit a notification of a suspected crime involving an attempt on the life of President Lech Kaczyński and the murder of the other 95 people through unlawful interference with the Tu-154M military plane, PiS MP Antoni Macierewicz said. “Thanks to this notification, with one sentence, it will be possible to erase the nonsense of the subcommittee, which has been lying to Poles for seven years with public money,” Maciej Lasek, KO MP, commented on Twitter.

In an interview with the Polish Press Agency PiS MP Antoni Macierewicz announced that “the Smolensk subcommittee will submit a notification on suspicion of committing a crime involving an attempt on the life of the president Lech Kaczyński and the murder of the remaining 95 people through unlawful interference with the Tu-154M military aircraft.”

“The situation in which we have evidence of the attack cannot continue and there is no investigation into this terrible act. That is why the Commission has prepared a request to the prosecutor’s office to investigate not only the catastrophe, but also the attack against the president of the Republic of Poland,” PiS deputy Antoni told PAP. Macierewicz, head of the Smolensk subcommittee.

“This is an extremely important thing. Of course, there is a question of international action in this matter, that is clear. President Zelensky recently pointed out that, as in the case of the genocide in Bucha and other Ukrainian cities, which now have place, as well as the Smolensk crime, must obtain an international ruling on the criminal activity of the Russian side. Regardless of this, the position of the Polish court must also be clear. Therefore, we will submit a request for proceedings in the case of the assassination attempt on the President of the Republic of Poland, “added the head of the Subcommittee for the Reinvestigation of the Aircraft Accident.

- Advertisement -

Read on Konkret24: Another report of the Macierewicz subcommittee on the Smolensk crash. We verify theses

Antoni MacierewiczPAP/Tomasz Gzell

Macierewicz also stated that “the most important evidence supplemented by the subcommittee is the scale of the presence of explosives on fragments of the aircraft and the reconstruction of the destruction of the Tu-154M aircraft.”

As Macierewicz said, the subcommittee submitted the final version of the report, which “clearly indicates the causes of the drama of the Smolensk crime”. “It shows that there was an assassination plan on the part of the Russian side, prepared since 2008,” he added.

Importantly, the prosecutor’s office is already investigating the tragedy of April 10, 2010. In December 2022, the National Prosecutor’s Office stated that “it is not true that any of the considered causes of the disaster was excluded in the proceedings regarding the tragedy in Smolensk.” “In the Smolensk investigation, all accepted versions of the events are still being verified” – added.

The disaster in SmolenskSERGEI CHIRIKOV/EPA/PAP

Lasek: With one verdict, you will be able to erase the nonsense of the subcommittee

Antoni Macierewicz’s announcement was commented on social media by Maciej Lasek, an MP associated with the Civic Coalition and former chairman of the State Commission for Investigation of Aircraft Accidents. “There is no evidence of an attack. But thanks to this notification, it will be possible to erase the nonsense of the subcommittee, which has been lying to Poles for 7 years with public money, and then to settle it criminally and financially,” he wrote.

“The power of lies”

On September 12 last year, TVN24 broadcast the report “The power of lies”. This is the result of many months of work by TVN24 journalist Piotr Świerczek. The author has accessed recordings, photos and international expert opinions concerning catastrophe in Smolensk in 2010, which – although they were commissioned by the so-called Antoni Macierewicz’s Smolensk Subcommittee – were never included in its reports, including the last one, which was supposed to be the final report.

These materials either explicitly exclude an attack or point to a catastrophe as the cause of the tragedy. Świerczek also talked to people who worked for the subcommittee, but they do not agree with its conclusions that there was an attack in Smolensk. What’s more, the journalist’s interlocutors directly say that their research has been manipulated or selectively used for theses assumed in advance by the subcommittee.

Main photo source: PAP/Tomasz Gzell



Source link

More articles

- Advertisement -

Latest article