Minister of National Defense Władysław Kosiniak-Kamysz wrote on the X platform (formerly Twitter) that the Smolensk subcommittee could have cost Poles up to PLN 33 million. – We will appoint a team of experts and conduct a detailed audit – announced the head of the Ministry of National Defense.
By decision of the head of the Ministry of National Defense, Władysław Kosiniak-Kamysz of December 15, the subcommittee on re-examination Smolensk disaster was liquidated and its members were dismissed. Members of the subcommittee were obliged to settle accounts by Monday, December 18, of all documentation, real estate and equipment used for the work of the subcommittee.
– Until midnight, committee members had the opportunity and obligation to submit all materials. They left the rooms that were secured. The decision I made was made. All activities that took place were carried out meticulously and well – said the minister in an interview with journalists in the Sejm. Władysław Kosiniak-Kamysz.
– Now we are starting the process of verification and audit of the commission’s activities – financial and substantive. (We will investigate – ed.) what happened there over eight years – said the minister.
The head of the Ministry of National Defense said that he would be responsible for verification work Cezary Tomczyk.
Kosiniak-Kamysz: the subcommittee could have cost Poles up to PLN 33 million
In an entry on the X platform (formerly Twitter), Kosiniak-Kamysz stated that “the decision to end the work of the Smolensk subcommittee has been made. It is time for the next step – settling its activities.”
He added that analyzes by the Ministry of National Defense indicate that the subcommittee could have cost Poles up to PLN 33 million.
“We will check it. We will appoint a team of experts and conduct a detailed audit,” wrote the Minister of National Defense.
“The decision of Deputy Prime Minister Kosiniak-Kamysz has been implemented”
During Tuesday’s press conference, Deputy Minister of Defense Cezary Tomczyk confirmed that on Monday evening the members of the subcommittee left their current building at ul. Kolska in Warsaw, which was sealed and secured by the Ministry of National Defense.
– The decision of Deputy Prime Minister Kosiniak-Kamysz has been implemented, the commission has returned the equipment and materials, or all of them – this will be determined by a special team – said the deputy minister. He added that the Ministry of National Defense is in contact with the military aviation to establish appropriate procedures for transferring the documentation to the subcommittee.
Macierewicz: Could you accept secret documents?
On Tuesday, Antoni Macierewicz was asked in the Sejm by journalists whether the Smolensk subcommittee had returned the equipment and materials that were used in its work. – Do you think I could give it to you? Do you think I could give you one? – he replied.
– I’m asking you if you could accept secret documents? Please look at the act and see that secret documents can only be collected by a special person, authorized to do so – continued the Law and Justice MP.
Earlier on Tuesday, in an interview with PAP, Macierewicz said: – Top secret, secret and restricted materials of the Smolensk subcommittee are in safes to which I have the keys. I can only pass them on to the State Aviation Accidents Investigation Commission.
Main photo source: PAP/Radek Pietruszka