8.9 C
London
Friday, February 23, 2024

Some of the waste from Mysłowice was sent to another illegal landfill. Their removal cost PLN 97 million

Must read

- Advertisement -


Removing tons of hazardous waste from Mysłowice was a huge operation for huge public money – PLN 97 million. As it turns out, some of the chemicals were not disposed of, but sent to another illegal landfill.

Disposing of hazardous waste costs a lot of money. We, taxpayers, have paid the most – so far – for neutralizing the ticking ecological bomb in Mysłowice. – It cost a lot of money. 44 million 676 thousand is a subsidy from the state budget. This money was given to us by the Prime Minister of the government, Mr. Mateusz Morawiecki – said the mayor of Mysłowice, Dariusz Wójtowicz, on March 19, 2021.

This largest and most expensive operation in Poland to remove illegally abandoned hazardous waste was entirely financed by taxpayers’ money. The National and Provincial Funds for Environmental Protection donated almost PLN 100 million. The city of Mysłowice gave the rest.

WATCH ON TVN24 GO: Red waters. Who will pay for waste from the TNT factory?

- Advertisement -

– Minister Jacek Ozdoba, Minister Michał Woś and my small participation also made it possible to actually complete what we promised – noted Michał Wójcik, then minister in the Prime Minister’s Office (Sovereign Poland) on July 11, 2022. – Together, we solved an issue that was one of the most disturbing on a national scale – added Jacek Ozdoba, then Deputy Minister of Climate and Environment from Sovereign Poland, on July 11, 2022. Politicians of the ruling camp directly addressed the mayor of Mysłowice. – I want to congratulate the president on his determination that this ecological bomb was actually eliminated in Mysłowice – emphasized on July 11, 2022, Michał Woś, then deputy minister of justice from Sovereign Poland.

Nitro-Chem’s toxic waste has still not been removed. “These are substances that can make people infertile.”Wojciech Sidorowicz/Fakty po Południu TVN24

Failed surgery

In order to track the further fate of the waste that was to be neutralized, it was marked with characteristic seals during loading. As it turns out, some of the “levelled” waste appeared at an illegal hazardous waste landfill in Rojków, Masovia. As the mayor of Mysłowice admits, it is a disaster.

In Mysłowice, the tender for waste neutralization was won by a consortium. It included, among others, the Hydrogeotechnika company. Its representative feels cheated. – We did an audit, there was an installation there. Something was working there, something was dripping there, someone was working, so it didn’t arouse any major suspicions at that time. Now I know that we were wrong – admits Piotr Calicki, member of the management board of Hydrogeotechnika. He adds that Rojków may contain 170 tons of waste from Mysłowice.

READ ALSO: Onet: a defective contract deprived Nitro-Chem of control over hazardous waste

Chemicals that we all paid for neutralization because criminals abandoned them were once again sent to an illegal landfill. – For the first time I see evidence that (waste – editor’s note) could have ended up somewhere else – admits the mayor of Mysłowice.

The editorial team of “Fakty” TVN talked to the representative of the owner of the land in Rojków even before they learned the origin of the waste. – I asked for these people to be removed. After all, they are not the owners, they do not have legal title, they do not have a lease agreement, they have nothing, but they stay and collect waste – said Wojciech Stańko, representative of the owner of the area where the waste was collected, on July 25, 2023.

Only part of the waste from Mysłowice was sent to the illegal landfill in Rojków. The prosecutor’s office is conducting an investigation into the entire tender.

Let us remind you that the entire operation cost PLN 97 million. So why didn’t the mayor of Mysłowice notice that among the two contractors was the company of the partner of his friend with whom he was in talks with the consortium? – Such things are checked by the Public Procurement Department. It doesn’t look too good. I say this honestly, replies the president.

Main photo source: Fakty TVN



Source link

More articles

- Advertisement -

Latest article