In accordance with the Southern Charm star, the coroner dominated that her 32-year-old sibling died from an unintentional overdose of fentanyl on Jan. 30, years after being prescribed opioids to deal with continual ache stemming from his longtime battle with Lyme disease.
“My brother hated speaking about his sickness,” she instructed People in an interview revealed Nov. 1. “So many individuals, even in his shut circle, did not learn about his Lyme.”
Lyme illness is an sickness brought on by the borrelia micro organism that’s generally transmitted by way of the chew of an contaminated tick, in line with the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention. Signs vary from fever, headache and fatigue to severe infections within the coronary heart and nervous system if left untreated.
Olivia stated “debilitating” signs of Conner’s Lyme illness first surfaced when he was 15. Although the household rapidly sought assist from numerous medical professionals, she recalled that “Conner was simply instructed time and again, ‘It is all in your head, you are high quality'” and was given painkillers and drugs for his related anxiousness as an alternative.
“He began relying, at a really younger age, on this prescription drugs to really feel regular,” Olivia remembered. “And we as a household began to see this toll it took on his physique.”