Health Minister Adam Niedzielski was asked on Thursday on Radio RMF FM to withdraw the decision to introduce a proxy to the Southern Hospital after the judgment of the Provincial Administrative Court. He replied that there would be no such decision for the time being. – I have to provide infrastructure for the inhabitants of Mazovia in the case of the fourth wave – said Niedzielski.
A temporary hospital for COVID-19 patients has been operating at the Southern Hospital in Warsaw since February 15. The order to create a temporary hospital in this facility was issued by the voivode of Mazovia, Konstanty Radziwiłł.
At the end of March, at the request of the voivode, Health Minister Adam Niedzielski issued a decision to introduce a proxy to the company Szpital Solec. It was Dr. Ewa Więckowska, former president of Solec since 2013, who on February 22, after more than seven years of presidency, resigned from this function.
Niedzielski was asked on Thursday on Radio RMF FM to withdraw the decision to introduce his proxy to Southern Hospital in accordance with the ruling of the Provincial Administrative Court, which found that this decision was illegal). – We are waiting for the justification, which – I hope – will appear soon, but please remember that this is a decision of the first instance and we will certainly file an appeal – replied the minister.
– I have to provide infrastructure for the inhabitants of Mazovia in the event of the fourth wave. I cannot treat this issue only from the point of view of whether someone likes it or not – said Niedzielski. As he added, there will be no decision to return the Southern Hospital for the time being.
The town hall talks about huge losses, the hospital hits the ball
“The judgment of the Provincial Administrative Court annulled the decision to appoint a government representative in the South hospital. I had no doubts that this would happen, both in terms of the legal and substantive level. And the hospital is already recording multi-million losses and is empty” – she wrote on Monday on Twitter vice-president Kaznowska, who in the town hall is responsible, among others, for health-related issues.
In an interview with the Polish Press Agency, she added that the case was considered secret and the city was waiting for the judgment to be justified. – We have also submitted a motion to suspend the execution of the minister’s decision and now we are waiting for a justification – in order to find out whether the court in this judgment also suspended the execution of the decision. If so, then regardless of whether the cancellation is made, the hospital is to come back to us – explained Kaznowska.
According to her report, there were nine patients at the South Hospital on Monday – seven on regular beds and two on ventilator beds. – It generates huge losses. The plenipotentiary applied to the owner, i.e. the mayor of the city, Fr. capital injection of the company in the amount of PLN 20 million by the end of the year, expecting such losses. But the hospital cannot fail to bring losses, having nine patients, because it means that it has a very small contract with the National Health Fund, and the maintenance of the hospital and staff costs money, ‘said Kaznowska.
Let us recall: Solec, the managing company With the Southern Hospital, she had previously responded to the town hall’s allegation of mismanagement. – I have the impression that the authorities of Warsaw do not want the Southern Hospital, but more press conferences. It won’t get us anywhere. I recommend to the President of the Republic an urgent verification of the information received and the sources of obtaining it, said the attorney Ewa Więckowska.
She also denied the city authorities’ allegations that the hospital was empty: – In four months, the hospital provided assistance to almost 56,000 Warsaw residents, hospitalized 740 patients and thus relieved other hospitals during the pandemic wave, where at its peak it had 250 beds ready. We had nearly 10,800 patients in the last month.
Main photo source: Artur Węgrzynowicz / tvnwarszawa.pl