6.3 C
London
Monday, December 6, 2021

Starzyna, voiv. Podlasie. Attempts by migrants to cross the border. The services were pelted with stones, and two police cars were damaged

Must read

- Advertisement -


The services inform about further attempts by migrants to cross the border. The police of Podlasie said that one of them happened near the town of Starzyna. The migrants threw stones at the officers. Nobody was hurt, two police cars were damaged. The Border Guard informed that in the section protected by the outpost in Dubicze Cerkiewne there were several attempts to force the border through. “The largest group consisted of about 200 foreigners, the rest were several dozen people. The foreigners were aggressive – they threw stones, firecrackers, used tear gas” – added.

WATCH LIVE ON TVN24 GO

The incident took place on Friday afternoon – Tomasz Krupa, the spokesman of the Podlasie police informed on Saturday morning. Information on this matter also appeared on the Twitter profile of the local police.

A group of migrants tried to cross the Polish-Belarusian border near Starzyna (Hajnowski poviat). The police and the military intervened. The migrants threw stones at the officers. None of the intervening policemen were injured, but two police cars were damaged.

In the photos provided, you can see that the side window is broken in one of them. The second has numerous dents on the side of the vehicle. Over 60 policemen participated in the intervention.

- Advertisement -

Arrests for aiding in illegal border crossing

The police in Podlasie also said that on Friday, the police detained nine people in connection with aiding in illegal border crossing.

“The detainees are 4 Polish citizens, 2 Ukrainian citizens, citizens of Germany, Azerbaijan and Georgia. Couriers wanted to transport 34 immigrants in cars” – it was reported.

Border Guard: there were several attempts to force the border through

In turn, the Border Guard informed that the section of the Polish-Belarusian border protected by the Post in Dubicze Cerkiewne had several attempts to force the border through. “The largest group consisted of about 200 foreigners, the rest were several dozen people. The foreigners were aggressive – they threw stones, firecrackers, used tear gas” – it was reported.

The Border Guard also said that there were 195 attempts to illegally cross the Polish-Belarusian border on Friday.

SG: 195 attempts to illegally cross the border in the last 24 hours

The Border Guard also said that there were 195 attempts to illegally cross the Polish-Belarusian border on Friday.

Border Guard officers issued 82 foreigners decisions to leave the territory of our country. 5 foreigners were detained – added.

Błaszczak: we have to prepare for the fact that this problem will last for the next few months

Minister of National Defense Mariusz Błaszczak said on Saturday morning in RMF FM that the last night at the border did not differ from what had happened in the previous days and nights. – There were attacks on the Polish border. Smaller groups of people are trying to push the line in different places, he said.

He added that “we have to prepare for the fact that this problem will last for the coming months.”

Police: We conducted exercises for soldiers to prepare them to repel an attack by a crowd

The spokesman of the Police Commander in Chief, Inspector Mariusz Ciarka said that the police, together with the General Command of the Armed Forces, conducted exercises for soldiers to prepare them to repel the attacks of an angry and aggressive crowd.

– Polish uniformed services keep the line and we are together. We support each other, which can also be seen on the Polish-Belarusian border, where there are policemen, border guards and soldiers – said Ciarka.

He indicated that these were earlier scenarios that had been taken into account by the services during previous joint exercises. – We are constantly training on training grounds, we are constantly exchanging experiences, exchanging information – assured the inspector.

– And right now these exercises, which are being held jointly with the General Command of the Armed Forces, are aimed at preparing soldiers to repel the attacks of an angry and aggressive crowd. They are also aimed at increasing the efficiency of the army and police, he said.

– Although we associate the army with the front, these events from the last days on the border show that the army must also be prepared to repel the attacks of an angry, aggressive crowd, which are now people who have been pushed to the Polish-Belarusian border and who also attack soldiers – he handed over.

In the opinion of the KGP spokesman, there is no other service that has better experience in fending off crowd attacks than the police. – These are our many years of activities and exercises to fight against an aggressive crowd, football fans, or to repel aggression during demonstrations or protests – he said.

– We also train soldiers to be as well prepared for situations as there are policemen, where an aggressive crowd often attacked the officers by throwing stones at them, pressing them, using various types of dangerous tools. We learn how to behave then, how to act and what decisions to make – he added.

The crisis on the Polish-Belarusian border

There is a migration crisis on the Polish-Belarusian border, triggered by the regime of the President of Belarus, Alexander Lukashenka. It is about an organized action of bringing migrants to Belarus, so that they later try to cross the border with Poland illegally.

The situation worsened in the second week of November, when a large group of foreigners gathered near the Kuźnica-Bruzgi border crossing on the Belarusian side of the border and made an attempt to force the border through. The group finally moved to the border crossing itself, where there was an attack on the border on Tuesday. Among other things, stones were thrown towards the Polish services. Some officers were injured.

On Friday, the police in Podlasie shared a recording of the deserted camp near Kuźnica on the Polish-Belarusian border on Twitter. Also border guards informed that the services were cleaning up the abandoned camp site near the border crossing in Bruzgi. The Border Guard published a video on social media from the place where people who were trying to get to Poland through the border with Belarus were camping. It shows people who, on the Belarusian side, are carrying out cleanup work in the place where the migrant camp used to be.

Read more: Żaryn: Poland is now enemy number one and the entire hybrid attack will continue to focus on us

State of emergency

Since September 2, due to the migratory pressure in the border zone with Belarus, 183 localities in the Podlaskie and Lubelskie voivodships have been under a state of emergency. It was introduced for 30 days under the ordinance of President Andrzej Duda, issued at the request of the Council of Ministers. The Seym agreed to extend the state of emergency for another 60 days.

Journalists have no access to the area covered by the state of emergency. When reporting on events at the border, the media can use almost exclusively information published by services and representatives of state authorities.

Main photo source: Twitter / @ podlaskaPolice



Source link

More articles

- Advertisement -

Latest article