The State Public Debt (PDP) increased by over PLN 30 billion in the second quarter of 2023 and amounted to over PLN 1,241 billion at the end of the first half of the year – we learn from the announcement of the Ministry of Finance.
PDP was at the end of Q2 2023 PLN 1,241,597.5 millionwhich means increase by PLN 31,747.9 million (+2.6%) on a quarter-on-quarter basis. According to the Ministry of Finance, the change in PDP in Q2 2023 was the result of:
– increase in the debt of the government subsector by PLN 30,967.7 million (+2.8%), including the consolidated debt of the State Treasury (State) by PLN 30,871.6 million (+2.8%),
– an increase in the debt of the local government subsector by PLN 781.8 million (+0.8%), with an increase in the debt of local government units and their associations (LGUs) by PLN 400.4 million (+0.5%),
– a decrease in the debt of the social security subsector by PLN 1.6 million (-7.3%).
Public debt – Q2 2023
PDP relation to GDP at the end of the second quarter of 2023 was 38.0 percent, unchanged compared to the previous quarter and a decrease by 1.3 points. percent compared to the end of 2022
Debt of the general government sector (EDP debt) constituting one of the elements of the Maastricht fiscal criterion was at the end of the second quarter of 2023. PLN 1,581,164.3 millionwhich meant:
– increase in the consolidated debt of the COVID-19 Prevention Fund (FPC) by PLN 11,073.9 million,
– increase in the debt of the Assistance Fund (FP) by PLN 3,459.9 million,
– increase in the debt of the Armed Forces Support Fund (FWSZ) by PLN 3,214.5 million,
– an increase in the impact of including enterprises in the general government sector by PLN 2,404.0 million, including a decrease in debt by PLN 1,307.2 million and a decrease in treasury securities held by these entities by PLN 3,711.2 million.
The ratio of EDP debt to GDP at the end of Q2 2023 was 48.4%. and increased by 0.3 pp compared to the previous quarter. and decreased by 0.7 pp. compared to the end of 2022
Main photo source: Shutterstock