Good morning and welcome to Fox Information First. This is what it is advisable know as you begin your day …
Surgeon normal: US to ‘monitor’ whether or not vaccine exemptions getting used correctly
U.S. Surgeon General Dr. Vivek Murthy has suggested that the Biden administration will “monitor” to make sure nobody abuses COVID-19 vaccine exemptions.
President Biden final week introduced a mandate that required any firm with at the least 100 workers to mandate its workforce. The one strategy to keep away from the mandate is to say an exemption on both spiritual or medical grounds.
Some critics argue that the exemptions permit for easy abuse, however Murthy insists the administration will guarantee that doesn’t occur.
“Sadly, as a rustic, now we have expertise in coping with exemptions, however we have got to be vigilant there and ensure that persons are utilizing them, you recognize, within the spirit that they are supposed and never abusing them or asking for exemptions once they do not apply,” Murthy advised CNN’s “State of the Union.” “That is an space that we proceed to observe within the days and weeks forward.”
Biden’s vaccine mandate has met immediate opposition from Republican governors, who made clear that they plan to oppose the mandate with authorized motion if obligatory after claiming the mandate was “unconstitutional.”
“The American Dream has become a nightmare underneath President Biden and the unconventional Democrats,” Republican South Carolina Gov. Henry McMaster stated on Twitter in response to the mandate. “They’ve declared conflict in opposition to capitalism, thumbed their noses on the Structure, and empowered our enemies overseas.”
The brand new mandate would have an effect on about 80 million Individuals, with about 17 million employees at well being amenities additionally required to get vaccinated. CLICK HERE FOR MORE ON OUR TOP STORY.
In different developments:
– Harris began ‘politicization’ of COVID-19 vaccines, Christie says
– Nebraska Gov. Ricketts rails against vaccine mandate: Biden ‘fairly blind to what is going on on’
– New Yorkers react to Biden’s vaccine mandate: ‘It is going in opposition to everyone’s will’
– England cancels plans for COVID-19 vaccine passports: well being official
– Texas AG Paxton suing school districts for defying Gov. Abbott masks mandate govt order
Trump says Afghanistan withdrawal opens door to China, Russia reverse-engineering US army gear
Former President Donald Trump blasted the Biden administration’s withdrawal from Afghanistan and speculated that China and Russia might already be reverse-engineering U.S. army gear left behind.
Talking with host Sharyl Attkisson throughout an interview that aired Sunday on “Full Measure,” Trump excoriated the withdrawal as “incompetent” and warned it would possible endanger america and profit its enemies.
Trump additionally expressed doubt relating to whether or not the conflict in Afghanistan is over, noting what number of unvetted Afghan refugees are being resettled in america and all over the world.
“I do not know as a result of you’ve folks going everywhere in the world and being dropped everywhere in the world proper now, and no one is aware of who the hell they’re, Sharyl,” Trump stated. “These aren’t the interpreters that we took. These have been those that rushed into the planes, and so they have been so inquisitive about making an attempt to make it sound like ‘Oh, they’re doing a great job.’ These folks, many of those persons are going to be terrorists. Okay? They are going to be terrorists. They have been very highly effective. They have been very energetic in getting onto the plane.”
Trump went on to recommend the nation’s adversaries are already profiting from the stockpile of weapons, armored autos, and plane that left U.S. forces left behind.
“Now I am saying, ‘How can they take this gear?’ And I assure that China and Russia have already got our Apache helicopters and so they’re taking them aside to seek out out precisely how they’re made. They’re the most effective on the planet by far. And so they’re taking them aside to allow them to make the very same gear. They’re superb at that. It is a shame.” CLICK HERE FOR MORE.
In different developments:
– Trump, on 9/11, teases 2024 run
– Trump expected to endorse Mark Finchem for Arizona secretary of state: sources
– Faculty college students chant ‘F— Joe Biden’ at soccer video games
– Newt Gingrich: Biden’s Afghanistan surrender – who can be held accountable for this nationwide shame?
– Biden’s ‘reckless withdrawal’ from Afghanistan units up ‘path to a different 9/11’: Rep. Waltz
Rose McGowan slams Black Lives Matter alongside Larry Elder: ‘He may simply know greater than you’
Actress Rose McGowan referred to as out the Black Lives Matter motion throughout her occasion with California gubernatorial candidate Larry Elder, arguing that individuals ought to cease labeling one another based mostly on race and concentrate on their humanity as a substitute.
“They need to hear that the extra we micro label one another, the higher we’ll be,” McGowan stated throughout a Sunday press convention. “The truth is, immediately, I problem this state, I problem these voters, I problem the media, to again up. Be human first, vote for humanity.”
The feedback got here throughout a press convention the actress held with Elder, who leads the pack amongst candidates to change into the following governor of California if present Gov. Gavin Newsom is faraway from workplace within the state’s recall election on Tuesday.
McGowan appeared alongside the Republican candidate after accusing Newsom’s spouse Jennifer Siebel Newsom of attempting to persuade her to not go public along with her allegations in opposition to Harvey Weinstein.
“So this girl, I don’t know, some blonde girl identify with the final identify of the Newsom, cold-calls me, and was like, David Boies needs to know what it could take to make you content,’ McGowan stated throughout an look on the Rubin Report.
McGowan declared on the occasion Sunday that she was no longer a Democrat. She additionally stated that regardless of having some completely different coverage views than Elder, she believed he was “the higher candidate and the higher man.” CLICK HERE FOR MORE.
In different developments:
– Rose McGowan to join Larry Elder amid Harvey Weinstein-related allegation in opposition to Newsom’s spouse
– LA Occasions columnist calls Larry Elder ‘very actual menace to communities of shade’
– Progressives want to stop paying cops, begin paying criminals ‘to not kill us’: Gowdy
– Don’t let California become Texas, Newsom says — as residents, companies flee
– North Korea says it tested long-range cruise missiles
– Lacking girl disappears after highway journey with boyfriend
– Megan Fox hits MTV VMAs crimson carpet in bare see-through gown
– 2021 MTV VMAs: A complete list of winners
– Washington state HS calls off 9/11 soccer tribute as a result of some might be offended, report says
– Conor McGregor, MGK involved in fracas on VMAs crimson carpet
– NFL Week 1 scores, updates and extra
THE LATEST FROM FOX BUSINESS:
– Salesforce billionaire CEO says he’ll transfer employees out of Texas resulting from abortion legislation
– Common US value of fuel rises 2 cents per gallon to $3.25
– Transport choices dry up as companies attempt to rebuild from pandemic
– Secret to Apple’s iPhone sales boom: Huge 5G offers from wi-fi carriers
– Rebuilt after 9/11, One World Commerce Middle is 90% filled after value overruns and delays
– US inventory market faces risk of bumpy autumn, Wall Avenue analysts warn
SOME PARTING WORDS
Mark Levin argued Sunday on “Life, Liberty & Levin” that the president’s vaccine mandate is an affront to “your private liberties” and represents a troubling nod in the direction of a tyrannical authorities.
“That is tyranny, and it’s getting extra aggressive,” the host stated. “Joe Biden gave a speech the opposite day, he at all times walks off, he by no means takes questions, like he’s some form of a dictator. He’s the closest factor now we have to a dictator but.”
Not signed up but for Fox Information First? Click here to seek out out what you’re lacking.
Fox Information’ Go Watch web page is now obtainable, offering guests with Pay TV supplier choices of their space carrying Fox Information Channel and Fox Enterprise Community.
Fox Information First was compiled by Fox Information’ David Aaro. Thanks for making us your first selection within the morning! We’ll see you in your inbox very first thing Tuesday.