7 C
London
Saturday, February 24, 2024

Szczecin. He was burning garbage in the furnace. The police responded

Must read

- Advertisement -


Police officers patrolling the Pogodno district of Szczecin noticed smoke coming from one of the apartments on the ground floor. Inside, the police found a 51-year-old man burning garbage in the stove. If not for the intervention of the officers, this story could have ended tragically for him and the other tenants.

Szczecin police officers, while on duty in the Pogodno district, noticed a cloud of gray smoke coming out of an open window of one of the apartments on the ground floor of the building. When they looked through it, they saw that it came from a burning furnace. They also heard that someone was inside, but the person did not respond to knocking and calling. They informed the officer on duty about the matter and called the fire brigade.

Due to the suspicion that there might be someone in the apartment who needed help, the policeman entered through the window and opened the door from the inside.

Police officers patrolling the Pogodno district of Szczecin noticed smoke coming from one of the apartments on the ground floor.  Inside, the police found a 51-year-old man burning garbage in the stove.  If not for the intervention of the officers, this story could have ended tragically for him and the other tenants.

The man did not respond to the policemen’s knocking and callsKWP Szczecin

- Advertisement -

– In the apartment, the officers found a 51-year-old man who allegedly did not hear any knocking or any other voices. He told the officers that he just wanted to burn the garbage and heat the apartment. As it turned out, the man did not have any documents confirming that the chimney had been inspected and he had never called a chimney sweeper – said the Provincial Police Headquarters in Szczecin.

It ended up being a lesson

The firefighters who arrived at the scene checked the chimney drafts and found that the chimney liner was clogged. The 51-year-old tenant was instructed by them about the need to carry out an inspection and informed about the consequences resulting from improper use of a faulty furnace.

The man was very lucky. According to the police, his recklessness could have caused a fire and thus a threat to the life and health of other people living in the tenement house. Now the officers are checking whether any regulations have been broken and whether the man deserves a fine.

Main photo source: KWP Szczecin



Source link

More articles

- Advertisement -

Latest article