5.5 C
London
Friday, March 1, 2024

Szczerba about the former head of the NCBR daughter company: he had a gigantic capital of seven hundred million zlotys

Must read

- Advertisement -


Krzysztof Bednarek, the former head of the Investment Fund company established by the National Center for Research and Development, ceased to perform his role on Thursday. Members of the Civic Coalition, Michał Szczerba and Dariusz Joński, pointed out a few days ago to irregularities in spending public money by this company. – She was one of the decision-makers at the National Center for Research and Development. He was the president of the company established by this institution to manage the gigantic capital of seven hundred million zlotys – Michał Szczerba commented on the situation related to the expenses of the National Center for Research and Development.

Members of the Civic Coalition Dariusz Joński and Michał Szczerba revealed further facts about subsidy from the National Center for Research and Development. A subsidy of PLN 55 million was allocated to a 26-year-old who founded the company after the announcement of the recruitment for the competition with a share capital of PLN 5,000, and PLN 123 million to a company from Białystok, which – as determined by the deputies – since its establishment in 2020, which loss-making year.

Last week Central Anti-Corruption Bureau started an inspection at the National Center for Research and Development. The deputies also submitted an application for control to the Supreme Audit Office and notified the EU institution for combating fraud, OLAF (European Anti-Fraud Office).

VILLA PLUS. PUBLIC MONEY FOR ORGANIZATIONS CLOSE TO PIS, LIST >>>

- Advertisement -

Dariusz Joński about the scandal at the National Center for Research and Development and new findingsTVN24

Szczerba about Bednarek: he had a gigantic capital of seven hundred million zlotys

The president of the NCBR’s daughter company – Investment Fund – Krzysztof Bednarek has disappeared from the website presenting the members of the management board of this institution. The National Center for Research and Development, in turn, informed about Bednarek’s “resignation”.

Michał Szczerba spoke on TVN24 about the importance of this character. – He (this person – ed.) is important, because he was one of the decision-makers at the National Center for Research and Development. He was the president of the company established by this institution to manage the gigantic capital of seven hundred million zlotys – said the MP from the Civic Coalition. – We have made connections, let’s put it bluntly, the nominee of the Republican Party in this position with two people who were beneficiaries of two applications and two grants – he added.

– Until the end of October, Mr. Krzysztof Bednarek was in two companies – a shareholder and a member of the management board. He sold one of these companies to the president of the Bialystok company, which received PLN 123 million. This is a person associated with Deputy Minister Żalek. He was also a partner of Anna O., the sister of 26-year-old Kacper W., who received 55 million. This Anna O., the sister of this young multimillionaire, is also directly related to Krzysztof Bednarek’s wife, Emilia, who is with this person in four other companies – he explained.

Michal SzczerbaTVN24

– This shows that a network of very strange connections has been created around the National Center for Research and Development – he said. – Within a few weeks, the director of this institution left, the deputy director of this institution left, the president of the largest investment company left, there is a CBA in the institution itself, the president NIK announces an inspection at our request, and on Monday morning, together with Mr. Joński, we provide a complete set of documentation – recordings, transcripts, expert opinions (…) to the Representation of the European Commission in Poland, and ultimately our addressee is OLAF, i.e. the European agency dealing with financial abuses, added Szczerba.

Szczerba about the letter of the former president of the National Center for Research and Development: this is total criticism, this is a request for help

Former director of the National Center for Research and Development prof. Maciej Chorowski sent a letter to Mirosława Stachowiak-Różecka, chairwoman of the Parliamentary Committee on Education, Science and Youth, in which he refers to media reports on the NCRD.

“When I took over the position of Director of the National Center for Research and Development in March 2016, I found this institution in crisis. The results of the inspection carried out by the Ministry of Science and Higher Education, then supervising the NCBR, showed, among others, irregularities in selecting beneficiaries of some of the Center’s programs. After conducting the internal and external audits commissioned by me, I found it necessary to introduce significant changes in the system for evaluating applications for co-financing” – he wrote.

“In Polish conditions, this proposal met with reluctance in the institutions supervising the NCRD programs, which was justified by the fact that the proposed solutions would slow down the process of adjudicating competitions and thus spending European funds POIR (Smart Development Operational Program – red), introduce the risk of delays in the contracting and certification of awarded Poland with European funds,” he continued.

Chorowski writes that despite the adoption of the solutions he proposed to correct this state of affairs after his dismissal from the position of NCBR director in March 2019, “the system slowly began to return to the old practices”. He also pointed out that “key employees with substantive qualifications are leaving the NCBR”.

“The National Center for Research and Development has been reduced to the category of almost political loot with no responsibility for entrusted and supervised assets, tangible and intangible” – he added.

– This is the former director of the NCBR, until 2019, who writes that this institution is in a total crisis, that the NCBR needs repair, and asks the parliamentary committee to deal with the matter. He also analyzes the media information that reaches him. (…) That these multi-million subsidies should not take place, that these practices are reprehensible and such situations have never happened in this institution, that a company without achievements, without the potential to implement a project, is rewarded with a multi-million subsidy – he said. – This is the man who was appointed by Beata Szydło – he added.

– This is total criticism, this is a request for help. The letter also states that the best specialists from the NCBR are leaving their jobs. They are fed up with political pressure on which projects to push through, commented Szczerba.

Main photo source: TVN24



Source link

More articles

- Advertisement -

Latest article