3.9 C
Monday, November 29, 2021

Tatra Mountains. TOPR sums up the long weekend. One fatal accident, Mateusz Łazowski is dead

Must read

- Advertisement -

17 interventions of the Tatra Volunteer Search and Rescue, including one fatal accident – is the result of a long weekend in the Tatra Mountains. Mateusz Łazowski, an MMA fighter, died.

As reported on Sunday by the TOPR lifeguard, there were a total of 17 incidents in the Tatra Mountains from Thursday to Saturday. At that time, the sun was shining in the Tatras, on Sunday the mountains were obscured by a dense fog limiting visibility and hindering orientation in the area. There is a lot of icing in the higher parts. It is especially dangerous in the morning hours and on the northern slopes, where ice remains all day long, warns the Tatra National Park. There is a thin layer of snow in places. The conditions for tourism in the higher parts are difficult.

Death of an MMA fighter

According to TOPR, the fatal accident happened in the area of ​​Galeria Cubryńskie, on the way to Hińczowa Przełęcz. MMA fighter Mateusz Łazowski was moving off the track. His accident was noticed by mountaineers located on the top of Mnich. It was they who notified the TOPR headquarters. A walking expedition from the Morskie Oko region set out, because the police helicopter, which replaces the Toprów Sokół undergoing inspection, was damaged.

The man’s body was carried to the Mnich Gully, and then transported downstairs by a military helicopter.

- Advertisement -

Information about Łazowski’s death confirmed Tomasz Babiloński, founder of Babylon MMA, for which the 35-year-old recently fought. The police conduct investigations into the circumstances of the fatal accident.


Two cases of heart attacks

The dangerous event also took place near the summit of Ciemniak, where a tourist suffered a heart attack with cardiac arrest. As reported by the lifeguard on duty, the tourist was saved thanks to the quick action of random witnesses of the incident who started a heart massage. TOPR rescuers flew to the victim in the helicopter and, using a defibrillator, they restored the circulation of the victim, who was transported to the hospital.

Several minutes later, the rescuers were called to another victim, who also suffered a heart attack near the top of Giewont.

Main photo source: Shutterstock

Source link

More articles

- Advertisement -

Latest article