5.9 C
Sunday, December 5, 2021

Teenager palms himself into police after boy, seven, struck in face by flare at Sky Wager Championship match between Barnsley and Hull | UK Information

Must read

- Advertisement -

A 17-year-old has handed himself into police after a seven-year-old boy was struck within the face by a flare at a soccer match.

South Yorkshire Police mentioned a flare was thrown within the crowd shortly earlier than half-time on Saturday as Barnsley performed Hull Metropolis at Oakwell stadium.

Officers mentioned it’s believed to have been thrown by a Hull Metropolis fan and hit the kid, who was a fan of the identical membership, within the face. He suffered minor accidents.

Humberside Police, who’re additionally investigating, mentioned the boy obtained therapy on the scene and returned to look at the remainder of the match.

{The teenager} introduced himself at Clough Highway Police Station in Hull and was questioned by officers on Saturday.

- Advertisement -

Chief Inspector Blake Neale mentioned: “Behaviour of this nature is not going to be tolerated as households ought to really feel protected to have the ability to go to look at their groups play with out the worry of any such incident.

“Cops work carefully with the bottom’s stewards and tonight one supporter had been arrested on entry to the bottom when he was present in possession of a flare.

“We’re working carefully with our colleagues in South Yorkshire Police, Hull Metropolis and Barnsley soccer golf equipment to conduct an intensive investigation, and whoever is discovered to be accountable shall be handled robustly.”

A spokesperson for Barnsley mentioned: “Barnsley FC don’t tolerate such actions from any particular person(s) and can proceed to help South Yorkshire Police with their investigation.

“Having been tended to by stewards and our medical workforce, the membership had been happy that the younger supporter felt snug sufficient to return to his seat to look at the rest of the fixture.”

Hull Metropolis have been contacted for remark.

The boy’s ordeal wasn’t the one harmful incident to have taken place at a soccer match on the weekend of fireworks night time.

Non-league membership Hashtag United posted footage of a firework exploding on a pitch in Essex and putting one of many gamers on Friday.

Footballer Matas Skrna narrowly averted critical harm after the firework landed close to him on the turf, with the sparks from the explosion putting his legs.

One other soccer match was disrupted by fireworks on Friday when Waterford’s sport in opposition to Shamrock Rovers within the Irish Premier League was briefly halted.

Tv footage of the match confirmed a number of fireworks exploding above the pitch and showering the gamers.

Source link

More articles

- Advertisement -

Latest article