I do not think that the “Kozakiewicz gesture” used by Mariusz Kamiński is the worst that the Polish parliament and the Polish plenary hall have seen, also in this term – said Kamil Bortniczuk from the PiS club, former minister, in “Kropka nad i” on TVN24 sports and tourism. According to Katarzyna Lubnauer, deputy minister of national education, this behavior “shows how the party that was in power until recently treats the Sejm.”
Jaroslaw Kaczynski he stated at Wednesday’s press conference that he “did not see” the gesture he made at the end of December during the Sejm session Mariusz Kamiński, convicted PiS politician and former Minister of Interior and Administration. It was about Kozakiewicz’s “gesture” towards the ruling majority.
– That’s why I think this is simply some element of manipulation – said the PiS president.
Lubnauer: this is the real ability not to see things that the entire society has seen
To this statement, as well as to the entire matter related to the judgment in the case of Kamiński i Maciej Wąsik Katarzyna Lubnauer from the Civic Coalition, deputy minister of national education, and Kamil Bortniczuk from the PiS club, former minister of sports and tourism, commented in “Kropka nad i” on TVN24.
– Currently, we have such a situation that after Lichocka’s gesture, which I would like to remind you – also took place in the Sejm – now there is the “Kozakiewicz gesture”, this proves how the party that was in power until recently treats the Sejm in general, a place that should be a place of certain culture and certain debate, as a place where offensive gestures are shown, commented Lubnauer.
– This is the real ability not to see things that the whole society sees. Although maybe that’s why they lost (elections – ed.) – she said.
Bortniczuk: the gesture Kamiński made was not the worst the Polish parliament had seen
Bortniczuk said that in his opinion “Kozakiewicz’s gesture” is not a “boorish gesture”. – Especially knowing the history of this gesture, when our outstanding athlete showed it to whistling Soviet fans during the Olympic Games – he added.
When asked who he thought this gesture was addressed to, he replied: – I think that in relation to Mariusz Kamiński, many opposition MPs (until recently – ed.) expressed words wishing him to be imprisoned as soon as possible, so perhaps that is the point.
– I really don’t think that this gesture used by Mariusz Kamiński is the worst that the Polish parliament and the Polish plenary hall have seen, also in this term. If you sat in the Sejm hall for a while, you would hear certain insults coming from various directions, to be clear, (…), which are often offensive ad hominem – he said to the presenter. – And here it was a very general gesture that is accepted in culture as a gesture shown very often in various circumstances – said Bortniczuk.
At the same time, he stated that “Prime Minister Kaczyński had the right not to see this gesture.”
Lubnauer: the president should not have used the law of pardon then
The program’s guests also discussed the president’s use of it in 2015 Andrzej Duda the right of pardon towards Kamiński and Wąsik, even though they had not yet been convicted by a final judgment.
– I believe that the president has the right to pardon whoever he wants, whenever he wants. And at this point, the court should stop trying someone who has been pardoned, even if only to save time and taxpayers’ money by pursuing this completely pointless case, said Bortniczuk.
Katarzyna Lubnauer said that “there is no abolition in the Polish constitution.” – There is only the law of grace. Grace is not even acquittal. This is a statement that someone will avoid punishment – because for various reasons, social and otherwise, this can be considered so – she pointed out.
– Of course, Mr. President should not (then – editor) apply the law of pardon. Because it was an abolition, not a right of pardon, which is not in the Polish constitution, she said. At the same time, she added that “Mr. President could now apply the law of pardon.”
The head of the KPRP, Grażyna Ignaczak-Bandych, commented on the possible application of the power of pardon again. “I don’t know where the information is being spread that President Andrzej Duda will give in and sign a pardon a second time,” she wrote on social media. “We do not accept this possibility. It’s like signing a contract twice, it’s a denial of your own competences,” she added.
Main photo source: TVN24