An arms dealer died on June 20, nearly a month ago, in Tirana. For a month, the Polish state did not notice this matter, or did not want to notice it – said Michał Szczerba, MP from the Civic Coalition at the press conference. The accompanying MP Dariusz Joński stated that “this matter has not been closed, this matter has a continuation, today it actually takes on a new dimension”.
Tvn24.pl determined that the prosecutor’s office has unconfirmed information that Andrzej I is dead., owner of a small arms trading company that was commissioned by the government during the pandemic COVID-19 supply respirators. According to unofficial information from tvn24.pl, this “unconfirmed information” is a death certificate issued in the capital Albania – Tirana. However, the man’s body has not yet been transported to Poland.
At the end of 2020, Andrzej I. quietly left the country, although he delivered only 200 of the 1,200 ordered devices. The Ministry of Health lost about PLN 50 million on business with him.
Szczerba: an arms dealer died on June 20
MEPs from the Civic Coalition Dariusz Joński and Michał Szczerba spoke about the case at a press conference.
Szczerba quoted a fragment of the written answer that the Police Commander in Chief gave them to their question on July 11. “I would like to kindly inform you that in connection with the ongoing preparatory proceedings and the arrest warrant issued by the Regional Prosecutor’s Office in Lublin for the person mentioned in the petition, as a result of the activities carried out, it was found that the wanted person had died. Therefore, the police applied to the Regional Prosecutor’s Office in Lublin for cancellation of international searches “- reads a fragment of the answer.
– These are dry facts that we received from the Police Commander in Chief, almost after a month of our actions in various state authorities – in the prosecutor’s office, in the police – in order to confirm the death of an arms dealer – said Szczerba.
– We received the first information that the arms dealer had died with the Ionian MP around 22 June. We turned to the prosecutor Zbigniew Ziobro, so far we have not received an answer about the actions that were taken after the arrest warrant for the wanted was issued at the end of March this year – continued the deputy KO. – What do we know about this case: an arms dealer died on June 20, almost a month ago, in Tirana. For a month, the Polish state did not notice this matter, or did not want to notice it, continued Szczerba.
– We take the information of the Police Commander in Chief, but we also want to say that what we agreed with the Ionian MP ends all speculation about the status of an arms dealer, but it does not end the scandal. There are more questions than answers – he added.
Dariusz Joński stated that “this case has not been closed, this case has a continuation, today it actually takes on a new dimension”.
Main photo source: TVN24