Father Dr. Piotr Studnicki, head of the Office of the Delegate of the Polish Bishops’ Conference for the Protection of Children and Youth, commented in the program “I Check” on the report of Tomasz Terlikowski’s commission on the Dominican Paweł M. As he admitted, “the scale of evil that has been revealed is indescribable.” At the same time, he drew attention to the lack of initiation of proceedings by the then provincial of the order, Father Maciej Zięba.
Expert the commission investigating the case of the Dominican Paweł M. presented a report on Wednesday on his case. According to the arrangements, the clergyman was to use physical, mental and even sexual violence against the faithful. The head of the commission, journalist Tomasz Terlikowski emphasized that “this is a report that does justice to the victims.”
In connection with the commission’s report presented on Wednesday, the Dominican Order issued a communiqué. It was noted in it that for several months they had been confronted with “a painful history of evil and harm committed in the past by Father Paweł M.”.
“This report shows – in a more complete form than we know – the enormity of the evil committed by Paul M. It also reveals errors and omissions as well as the lack of sensitivity and understanding on the part of many individual brothers, authorities and institutions of the Order,” wrote the monks.
Fr. Studnicki: the scale of evil that has been revealed is indescribable
The guest of the Friday edition of the program “Check” was Father Dr. Piotr Studnicki, lecturer, head of the Office of the Delegate of the Polish Bishops’ Conference for the Protection of Children and Youth. As he said, “the scale of evil that has been exposed, the drama and suffering of these wronged people are indescribable.”
The priest added that “unfortunately the attitude of the authorities of the religious congregation leaves a lot to be desired, to put it mildly.” – The original sin, committed by the Dominican Order, was the failure to carry out any proceedings at the beginning. Arbitrary decisions were made, there was some reaction, but there was no procedure that should have been carried out at that time – he said. As he pointed out, “there were tools for this and it seems that all the documentation was in the hands of the then provincial [ojca Macieja Zięby – przyp. red.] and, unfortunately, this has not been carried out. ”
– Later, all kinds of punishment, non-punishment, is a consequence of the basic failure that was committed – said Father Studnicki.
A special helpline for aggrieved persons
Considering the effects that the publication of the Dominican Commission report may have, the Initiative “Wounded in the Church” decided to launch a crisis support program. From Wednesday, September 15 until Sunday, September 26, psychotherapists will be on duty every day between 7.00 p.m. and 10.00 p.m. at 800 280 900, listening to the injured, giving them first support and providing information about the possibility of receiving legal, psychological or spiritual help, as well as directing them to the appropriate and trusted professionals.
Main photo source: TVN24