The e-mail scandal of the PiS government was the subject of a conversation in “Get up and you know” with the lawyer Krzysztof Izdebski. – We are dealing with a situation where, assuming that these e-mails are largely reflected in reality, the state policy is actually conducted via private mailboxes – he noted. He pointed out that from the government or services “there was not really a single piece of information undermining the credibility or authenticity of these e-mails”.
Both Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki and the president of the Constitutional Tribunal, Julia Przyłębska, could have had a direct impact on the choice of the head of one of the new chambers of the Supreme Court – according to the e-mails that are to come from the mailbox of Michał Dworczyk, the head of the prime minister’s office. The allegedly disclosed correspondence also shows that Dworczyk could have persuaded the prime minister to recall, with a retroactive date, the president of the General Prosecutor’s Office, Leszek Bosek, who was appointed a judge of the Supreme Court, because as a judge he could not perform this function.
>> Morawiecki and Przyłębska could take part in the deliberations on the election of the head of the chamber of the Supreme Court
>> Michał Dworczyk could persuade the prime minister to dismiss the president of the General Prosecutor’s Office with a retrospective date
Both members of the government and Dworczyk himself refrain from answering questions about the so-called e-mail scandal. On September 7, the head of the Chancellery of the Prime Minister cut the topic on TVN24. “We have commented on the e-mail so many times that I think it is a waste of time to come back to it,” he said. He added that in his opinion “a lot has been said and so little on the substance”. He also informed that he had been questioned in this case and had the status of an injured person.
Lawyer: Authorities have chosen a tactic to wait this moment out, but that does not dispel any doubts
Krzysztof Izdebski, a lawyer specializing, inter alia, in transparency of public life, was asked about how to treat the information published in this case. – This is a problem, especially from the point of view of journalists’ work, and one of the tasks of the media is to verify certain information, and in this case – the authenticity of these e-mails, which seems not entirely possible due to the poor cooperation of the government – he replied.
– The authorities have chosen a tactic to wait this moment out, to hide their head in the sand a bit, but at the same time it does not dispel any doubts as to whether these e-mails are real or not – he assessed. – Minister Dworczyk, but also representatives of secret services admitted that such a break-in had taken place. There was not really a single piece of information questioning the credibility or authenticity of these e-mails, he recalled. – This epic, because it lasts for many weeks, makes us suspect, because we are not sure that what is presented from this box is authentic – he said.
According to Izdebski, we also have another problem. – We read some other person’s e-mails, but I have no doubt that in this case, contrary to what Michał Dworczyk and other representatives of the authorities claimed from the beginning, we are dealing with information that was leaked or stolen, and the content that was there they find, they concern the functioning of the state, the performance of official duties – he described.
– We are dealing here with a situation in which, assuming that these e-mails are largely reflected in reality, the state policy is actually carried out through private mailboxes, or even the tasks of the authorities are performed – he pointed out.
Main photo source: PAP / Wojciech Olkuśnik