The vice president of the Constitutional Tribunal was to write an e-mail to Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki. Michał Dworczyk, the head of the Chancellery of the Prime Minister, was to make sure that the message was received – according to another correspondence published on the network, which is to come from Dworczyk’s mailbox.
Correspondence is still published on the Internet, among others from the private e-mail box of the head of the prime minister’s office Michał Dworczyk. The government, questioning the veracity of the e-mails, talked about a “Russian provocation”, but so far they have not shown a single example of a false e-mail. There are at least a few e-mails for that has been confirmed by persons named in correspondence.
“Judge Muszyński called to make sure that his e-mail reached you”
The mail published on Friday is dated August 19, 2018. Michał Dworczyk was then to write to Prime Minister Morawiecki on several matters, including correspondence with the vice-president of the Constitutional Tribunal, Mariusz Muszyński.
“Judge Muszyński called to make sure that his e-mail reached you – he warned (and asked to tell you, not to be surprised) that he was sending you letters from Lucius Domitius :)” – the head of the Chancellery of the Prime Minister was supposed to write.
The prime minister was to write back: “Ok. Yes – he came. From a strange address, indeed.”
Muszyński is a judge and, since 2017, vice-president of the Constitutional Tribunal chaired by Julia Przyłębska. He is one of the so-called understudy judges who were appointed to previously filled seats in the Court in 2015.
We asked the Constitutional Tribunal about the e-mail that Muszyński was supposed to send to the Prime Minister in 2018. By the time this text was published, no reply had come from.
The Chancellery of the Prime Minister repeats the announcement
We also asked the Chancellery of the Prime Minister on Friday whether the Prime Minister corresponded by e-mail with Judge Muszyński in August 2018 and what the correspondence concerned. The law firm did not respond directly to the questions asked.
In return, we received a message that we receive each time we try to obtain information about the events described in the e-mails. The Chancellery of the Prime Minister claims that “Poland has experienced a cybernetic and disinformation attack carried out from the territory of the Russian Federation”, therefore “it will not comment on the content of the materials used for the disinformation campaign carried out by persons from beyond the eastern border of Poland.”
Tusk: There is an indictment ready in these e-mails. This is probably what they fear the most
The head of the Civic Platform (PO) was asked about the disclosed correspondence on Friday at a press conference Donald Tusk. In his opinion, the e-mails “show a picture of a classic mafia state.”
– The political mafia decided to spread its tentacles over the entire space of public life and take the judiciary into the hands of the judiciary, mainly to steal with impunity – he added. Boss AFTER fears that the Polish prosecutor’s office will not deal with “those whose image emerges from these e-mails and those who clearly violate good customs, law and constitutional provisions”. – This authority recognizes the administration of justice as a tool in its hand – said the politician.
According to the head of the PO regarding the alleged e-mail correspondence of Dworczyk, “the government PIS he is completely helpless today. “These e-mails show a ghastly image of a state in decay, a demoralized state,” he said.
As he added, clarifying this issue “would first of all confirm the truthfulness of what is in these e-mails”. – This is probably what they fear the most, the indictment is ready in these e-mails – said the head of the Platform.
Main photo source: PAP / Radek Pietruszka