PiS treats this film as a kind of provocation, said Poland 2050 MP Joanna Mucha, referring to the government’s statements about Agnieszka Holland’s film “The Green Border”. Senator of the Civic Coalition, Bogdan Zdrojewski, drew attention to “the two most important barometers that indicate the government’s attitude to principled issues.”
– This is making a film that is essentially anti-Polish, which I consider deeply indecent – he said. At the same time, the president admitted that he had not seen the film. – I saw the trailer, I heard the opinions of those who saw it. This is how the film is presented, he noted.
– I’m not going to see this movie. I’ll wait until they show it on some TV. I’m not going to see it in cinemas. I won’t pay extra to watch it, he added.
This issue was addressed by the guests of Thursday’s edition of “Fakty po Faktach” – MP from Poland 2050 Joanna Mucha and senator of the Civic Coalition Bogdan Zdrojewski.
Zdrojewski on “the two most important barometers that indicate the government’s attitude to principled issues”
Zdrojewski said that “we have two most important barometers that indicate the government’s attitude to principled issues.” – This is education and culture. These two elements show that we have a de facto government that generally doesn’t care about the Polish raison d’état, he said.
– I am in favor of protecting the Polish uniform, but it is equally important to me who wears this uniform and for what purpose. I remember the situation, and the viewers probably do too, when one of the generals fired a grenade launcher in his office and he certainly wasn’t wearing a bathrobe, unless I don’t know something – commented the former Minister of Culture.
– But in my opinion, respect for this uniform means the need for greater responsibility for what you generally do, what interests you pursue and how effective you are. I would prefer that Minister Błaszczak, not the lady on the horse, found the bullet. I would prefer that the beginning of the Law and Justice government did not start with a break-in into the headquarters FOR THIS in Warsaw – added Zdrojewski.
Mucha: PiS treats this film as a kind of provocation
– I perceive this film in much more universal terms, because for me it is not only a film about the Polish-Belarusian border. For me, this is a film about Lampedusa, about the English Channel, about the Mediterranean Sea, about the fence built on the Mexican-American border – said Joanna Mucha.
– So, in my opinion, this is a film that has a much broader message, which tells us that we, as Western civilization, find ourselves in a situation in which we have to answer a dramatically important question. The question is about our humanitarianism, because the basis of our civilization is humanism – added the MP.
At the same time, she stated that “PIS treats this film in such a way that there will be some kind of provocation.” She also drew attention to the government clip, which is to be shown in arthouse cinemas before the screening of the film.
– A provocation that aims to make us live this life, and not, for example, a summary of eight years of PiS rule. Because if we wanted to sum up what happened in education, health care, public transport and so on, we would only see misery – added Mucha.
Main photo source: TVN24