Even though the first session of the Sejm of the new term is to be held on November 13, I am optimistic, said Professor Andrzej Zoll on TVN24. Barbara Labuda, an opposition activist in the Polish People’s Republic and former presidential minister, expressed hope that the process of inaugurating the new term “will go as it should” and “there will be no obstruction”
President Andrzej Duda announced that it has tentatively planned the first session of the Sejm of the new term for Monday, November 13.
Labuda: I think everyone will behave on a high level
On Tuesday, the guests of “Fakty po Faktach” talked about the scenarios for the first meeting.
– I think everyone will behave at the same level. That a marshal will be elected, there will be no obstruction, no delay, that the marshal will be sworn in, he will convene a meeting and everything will go as it should, in accordance with the constitution – said Barbara Labuda, an opposition activist in the times of the Polish People’s Republic, former minister in the president’s office Aleksander Kwaśniewski.
– In a moment, we will have a new government composed of democratic parties – which I deeply believe in – and there will be changes in Poland – she added.
Zoll: I’m optimistic
Professor Andrzej Zoll, former president of the Constitutional Tribunal and former Ombudsman. – Even though it is November 13, I am optimistic – he said.
He noted that “it is not yet clear who will be the senior marshal.” – Here it would be important to know who will conduct the first meeting, who will take the oath from the MPs, and I think he will conduct it immediately. elections marshal or marshal – pointed out Professor Zoll.
– If this happens, it would be very good if the president appointed the prime minister on the same day – he added.
Zoll: the president has a very big role to play
TVN24 guests also wondered what cooperation between President Andrzej Duda and the new government formed by previously opposition parties might look like.
– I want her to look her best. It is necessary. If it comes to the president vetoing every bill, there will be chaos and a failure of the system we are building, the democratic system, said Zoll.
He added that he hopes that “our current assessment of the president’s attitude will change very quickly and in a good direction.” – The president should understand that he has a great chance to participate in the construction of a democratic system, such as a European country should have. The president has a very big role to play here, Zoll emphasized.
Labuda: cooperation is possible, but it depends on both parties
Barbara Labuda said that such cooperation “is possible.” – Of course, it depends on both sides. I absolutely believe in the opposition’s good will and wise political decisions. As for President Duda, I have various question marks, she admitted.
– I would like to follow the professor’s line of thought and think that the president will also take responsibility for the good of Poland, and not for the good of the party with which he is associated – she added.
Main photo source: TVN24