We take this information very seriously – said Michał Kobosko from Trzecia Droga in “Kropka nad i”, referring to reports about possible surveillance of opposition politicians. – We are dealing with an organized gang that used the secret services to maintain power – said Krzysztof Gawkowski from the New Left.
Ex-boss CBA Paweł Wojtunik said in Saturday’s edition of “Fakty po Faktach” on TVN24 four questions to the head of the Ministry of Interior and AdministrationMinister Coordinator of Special Services Mariusz Kamiński. In one of them, he asked if it was true that “during the briefing in Lucień (a village in Masovia, where the CBA center is located – ed.) two days before the elections, decisions, instructions were made, and recommendations were given that in the context of the parliamentary elections massively use operational control against representatives of opposition groups with special emphasis on one of the groups forming the pre-election coalition. It is about the Third Way.
After Wojtunik’s statement the prosecutor’s office took action against him. The announcement stated that this concerns, among other things, an offense under Article 235 of the Penal Code, i.e. leading to prosecution by creating false evidence. “What speed and what political servility” – commented the former head of the CBA.
“The idea was to influence coalition talks”
On Wednesday evening in “Kropka nad i”, the vice-chairman of Poland 2050, Michał Kobosko (Third Way), was asked about the issue of wiretapping.
– We take this information very seriously – he emphasized. He expressed the opinion that Wojtunik “is not a sensation, he is not a person who spreads rumors, he is a professional in his industry.” – I also talked to him because we were obviously interested in whether there was anything else we should know in a situation where someone says that literally five minutes before elections we started being eavesdropped. He got this information from several different sources. This was serious information, Kobosko said. – We were surprised that it was mentioned that it had been launched two days before the elections – he admitted.
In his opinion, “the point was not to influence the election result.” – The idea was to influence coalition talks and soften us up, whether it was PSL or Poland 2050 – he said.
Gawkowski: it was an attack on democracy
– All PiS politicians, all officials of the PiS government and the PiS apparatus must be held accountable – said the chairman of the Left Club, Krzysztof Gawkowski, on TVN24. He argued that “there are no places to which PiS people and collaborators of this power associated with this camp, who broke the law, had dirty hands and soaked them in the septic tank created by PiS,” can escape.
– An attack on democracy, this is what should be said about what happened with the attempt to eavesdrop on politicians and put pressure on who will form the government in Poland – said Gawkowski.
As he added, “there is no authority in the world that can call itself democratic if it uses secret services to play a role in elections.” – If he does this, it is full-fledged authoritarianism – he said.
He emphasized that “the settlement here should be clear.” – We should establish an investigative commission that will speak directly about the use of secret services to support the government. And there should also be several of these commissions, because it is not just 2023, he emphasized. He recalled here, among others: the case of Krzysztof Brejza from the Civic Coalition, who in 2019, as head of the PO campaign, was under surveillance using Pegasus.
– We are dealing with an organized gang that used the secret services to maintain power – said Gawkowski.
Gawkowski: it was a pretend game, not a specific meeting about the future
On Tuesday, the president Andrzej Duda he talked to PiS and KO politicians, and on Wednesday – with politicians of the Third Way, the Left and Confederation. On Thursday at noon, the president is to summarize the course of consultations with representatives of electoral committees that will be represented in the next Sejm.
– There was a lot of talking, but little specifics – Krzysztof Gawkowski summed up the talks with the president. – Our representatives have a clear impression that the president has started a game of tricks and covering various curtains, but there is one goal, that is, to justify the fact that the candidate for prime minister will be someone from the PiS camp, to justify that, despite the fact that there is a clear majority in favor of the opposition side and seats and votes, then (the president – ed.) will entrust the mission of forming a government to a man from PiS – said the Leftist politician.
In his opinion, “it was a pretend game played by the president, not a specific meeting about the future.”
Kobosko: PiS is clearly desperate
Michał Kobosko expressed slightly more optimism after consultations with the head of state. – The president feels what responsibility he has before society and the nation – said the TVN24 guest.
According to him, the president has not yet decided who he will entrust with the mission of establishing a government. He added that any attempt to create a government with the participation of Law and Justice is “doomed to failure.” – It’s not gonna happen. (…) They will not find a majority, neither in the Third Way, nor in the PSL, nor anywhere else – he argued. – It’s a waste of Poland, a waste of time, a waste of energy. Society and voters have decided that they want a change of power – said the politician of Poland 2050.
Asked about the proposal for the party Szymon Hołownia from PiS regarding the possible division of ministries, Kobosko replied that “there was a strong proposal, a very broad one.” – It’s clear that PiS is desperate. There is no idea or shadow of de facto hope for maintaining power. Therefore, they want to give everything away, he said.
He admitted that there were even proposals from Law and Justice for Poland 2050 to nominate a candidate for prime minister. – Every attempt of this type is doomed to failure. We will not talk to them, Kobosko assured.
Main photo source: TVN24