A person can leave PiS, but PiS does not leave a person – said Civic Coalition MP Cezary Tomczyk in “Fakty po Faktach”, referring to the decision of President Andrzej Duda, who decided to entrust the mission of forming a new government to Mateusz Morawiecki. Poland 2050 MP Paulina Hennig-Kloska assured that “there is no way” that the current prime minister would win a majority in the Sejm.
In Monday’s speech, the president Andrzej Duda he announced that he had decided entrust the mission of forming a government to Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki.
The guests of “Fakty po Faktach” commented on this issue: Cezary Tomczyk (Civic Coalition) and Paulina Hennig-Kloska (Poland 2050, Third Road).
Tomczyk: a person can leave PiS, but PiS does not leave a person
– I think it’s generally about Kaczyński’s legacy, that it’s already happening. Besides, his advisor, Mr. (Marcin – ed.) Mastalerek, said that Kaczyński should retire – said Tomczyk.
As he assessed, “if the president wanted to talk about some tradition, there was no need to conduct consultations on this matter, since he knew from the very beginning how he would behave.” – It seems to me that a person can leave PiS, but PiS does not leave a person. And that President Andrzej Duda, even though he is not formally a member of this group, has PiS’s legitimacy deep in his heart and somewhere deep in his pocket – said the deputy chairman of PO.
– He simply agreed with PiS’s interests and believes that he cannot act differently in this first step – he added.
Hennig-Kloska: no matter how many times they blink, blinking will do nothing
The guests of “Fakty po Faktach” were asked if they had any indications that this was the case Mateusz Morawiecki won a majority in the Sejm and was able to form a government.
– There is no such option – replied Paulina Hennig-Kloska.
The MP also commented on the president’s second decision: entrusting the function of senior marshal to Marek Sawicki from PSL.
– Maybe it was a slight camouflage to calm the public mood, because transferring both functions to a camp that today could try to stop power by force could cause such social unrest – she said.
She added that “it could, of course, also be a wink at the Polish People’s Party.” – No matter how many times they blink, blinking will do nothing – she assured.
“People on the opposition side have backbone”
Tomczyk assured that “people on the opposition side have backbone.” – This is a very, I think, strange discovery for the people who are in power today, for PiS MPsfor the ministers, because for eight years they have become accustomed to having spineless people around them, he said.
– No one can be broken here. We have been agreed to govern together for many months. Together we are building a program and together we will change Poland so that Poland is at the center of the democratic world and the center of Europe. And let no one delude themselves that it will be different, he added.
Hennig-Kloska was also asked whether the leader of her party was on November 13 Szymon Hołownia will become the Speaker of the Sejm.
– I believe there is such a way. He would be a great Speaker of the Sejm. The Sejm has extremely important goals, changes, and the reconstruction of legislative power, which was practically trampled on by the PiS government – emphasized the MP from Poland 2050.
Main photo source: PAP/Leszek Szymański