The Warsaw District Prosecutor’s Office launched an investigation into the abuse of powers in 2014 by the then Prime Minister Donald Tusk. The notification was submitted in November last year by Marek Falenta and it referred to the inspection in the company Składy Węgla. – I think that no one believes that Zbigniew Ziobro’s prosecutor’s office does not implement his wishes and the agenda of the ruling party in general – Sylwia Gregorczyk-Abram, a representative of the “Free Courts” Initiative, commented in “Fakty po Faktach” on TVN24. Tusk himself at the meeting in Tarnobrzeg spoke about how he learned about this decision.
The information was provided by the government television portal, posting a photo of the notification regarding the decision of the prosecutor’s office in this case.
According to it, the investigation was initiated on April 11 regarding the abuse of powers by a public official – the then prime minister Donald Tusk – on an undetermined date in the first half of 2014 “in order to obtain a financial benefit by entities trading in hard coal through an order without legal basis and without actual control of a commercial law entity, i.e. Składy Węgla spółka z oo, in order to force the cessation of coal imports from of the Russian Federation and thus acting to the detriment of the private interest of the above-mentioned company”.
As the prosecutor’s office wrote in the document published by the portal, it is about paragraph 2 of Article 231 of the Criminal Code regarding the abuse of powers by an officer. It provides that if the perpetrator commits this act in order to achieve material or personal gain, he is subject to the penalty of imprisonment from one to 10 years.
“No one believes that Zbigniew Ziobro’s prosecutor’s office does not fulfill his wishes”
Sylwia Gregorczyk-Abram, representative of the “Free Courts” Initiative, and judge Beata Morawiec, president of the “Themis” Association of Judges, commented on the notification of the initiation of proceedings against Tusk in “Fakty po Faktach” on TVN24.
– I don’t think anyone believes that the prosecutor’s office anymore Zbigniew Ziobro it does not implement his wishes and the agenda of the ruling party in general. It seems to me that, unfortunately, by the time of the election, such situations will be commonplace. Because it is a very effective tool against, for example, opposition politicians, activists, against judges, in order to at least make life difficult for such a person, to ridicule in the eyes of the public, to undermine the trust that President Tusk undoubtedly enjoys, said attorney Gregorczyk-Abram.
– And on the other hand, we know that some investigations, for example in the hate scandal concerning judges, do not move from the spot. And there are many such examples, showing that Ziobro’s prosecutor’s office actually implements its specific agenda and it is not good for the citizen, she added.
“A politicized prosecutor’s office, carrying out a political order, will unfortunately never be a properly functioning body”
Judge Morawiec, assessing the activities of the prosecutor’s office under the rule of Zbigniew Ziobro, stated that “in fact, a politicized prosecutor’s office, carrying out a political order, will unfortunately never be a properly functioning body.” “Therefore, we will be able to make all the charges we can think of, rational and unreasonable.” And the citizen will have a problem again, because he will not be able to count on the fact that his case, in which he will be a victim, will be reliably investigated, she said.
Tusk about how he found out that the prosecutor’s office had launched an investigation into his case
Tusk himself said that he learned about the prosecutor’s investigation in his case when he was going to a meeting in Tarnobrzeg. As he said, the government television “learned from other sources that the prosecutor’s office in Warsaw had launched an investigation against me in some other case” – he said.
Marek Falenta. Who is the man behind the eavesdropping scandal?
A few years ago, Marek Falenta heard a final sentence of absolute imprisonment in connection with the so-called eavesdropping scandal.
Recordings of people from politics, business and public officials in two restaurants took place in 2013-2014. Recorded, among others of the then chiefs: the Ministry of the Interior – Bartłomiej Sienkiewicz, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs – Radoslaw Sikorskithe Ministry of Infrastructure – Elżbieta Bieńkowska, President of the National Bank of Poland, Marek Belka, head CBA Paweł Wojtunik. Over 100 people’s conversations were recorded during 66 illegally recorded meetings; the prosecutor’s office managed to establish the identity of 97.
The businessman was sentenced to 2.5 years in prison. In the case, valid suspended sentences were also imposed on Falenta’s brother-in-law and one of the waiters. Another waiter, Łukasz N., was not punished for helping the investigators; He was ordered to pay PLN 50,000 in cash.
Main photo source: PAP/Zbigniew Meissner