The police published another video from the Polish-Belarusian border on social media, where the situation got inflamed after the migrants tried to cross the border by force. “We are vigilant. Wishing everyone a quiet night, we remain at the post, supporting the Border Guard and the Polish Army” – it was written. There is also a recording showing the barbed wire and the encampment of people on the Belarusian side of the border.
Earlier on Monday, the police published recordings from border areas on social media several times. She also informed that she countered the attempt of “the first mass border break.” and aggressive, forceful invasion of the territory of the European Union “.
“We are vigilant. Wishing everyone a quiet night, we remain at the police station, supporting the Border Guard and the Polish Army,” wrote the police in the evening on Twitter. She also posted a new recording.
Tension increases at the border
According to information from Polish authorities and services, as well as videos posted by them on social media, from the morning of November 8, a large group of migrants gathered on the border between Belarus and Poland, near the Kuźnica Białostocka-Bruzgi border crossing, attempting to cross the border by force. The Ministry of National Defense announced that afternoon that the massive attempt to cross the border had been stopped. The resort documented this with a video shared on social media.
The Border Guard announced that from Tuesday, November 9 in the morning, border traffic at the Kuźnica crossing was suspended until further notice.
Due to the escalation of the situation, the crisis management team was held with the participation of Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki, and then President Andrzej Duda. Government spokesman Piotr Mueller said that there are 3,000 to 4,000 migrants near the Polish border.
Sejm Marshal Elżbieta Witek said in her address that “the greatest attempt to date of unlawful, massive and violent violation of the integrity of the eastern border of Poland and the European Union has begun.” An additional session of the Sejm was called on Tuesday, November 9.
State of emergency
Since the spring, the number of attempts to illegally cross the Belarusian border with Lithuania, Latvia and Poland by migrants from the Middle East, Africa and other regions has increased sharply. The EU and its member states believe that this is the result of the deliberate actions of Alyaksandr Lukashenka’s regime, which instrumentally uses migrants in response to sanctions.
Since the beginning of the year, the Border Guard has recorded – as it claims – over 30,000. attempts to illegally cross the Polish-Belarusian border. Recently, there have been attempts to forcibly enter the territory of Poland by foreigners grouped by the Belarusian services abroad, as well as provocation by these services.
Since September 2, due to the migratory pressure, a state of emergency has been in force in 183 localities in the Podlaskie and Lubelskie provinces adjacent to the border with Belarus. A dam is to be built on the border with Belarus in the first half of 2022.
When reporting on the events at the border, the media can use almost exclusively official government recordings and information. Journalists have no access to the area under the state of emergency.
Main photo source: Polish police